From annual summer camping trips with the family to cozy fall bonfires with friends, s'mores are a fairly popular treat. These sweet sandwiches conjure up warm memories of good times and sticky fingers for people of all ages. That being said, it's no wonder that this classic creation has left its mark on the food scene in 2017. Every day there's new products on the market and inspiring many to up their s'mores game by putting a few twists on the original formula

Luckily, finding a s'mores inspired dessert in Charlotte is relatively easy given the abundance of innovative bakeries and restaurants. Since August 10th is National S'mores Day, there is no better time than the present to indulge in one of these sweet treats. For some inspiration, check out the following five places where you can get your hands on the best s'mores creations in the Queen City. Sans campfire, of course.

1. Crispy Crepe

The S'more Crepe found at this South End eatery is quite possibly one of the most tasty, yet non-conventional, breakfast dishes in the QC. Typically slathered with Nutella or jam, crepes are a delectable French delicacy whose consumption is prominent throughout much of Europe.

Although it's not very traditional to stuff the wafer-thin pancakes with marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs, this French take on an American classic is sure to please. And if you're really feeling the s'more love, you can also order yourself the s'mores latte- aka the caffeine plus sugar rush you never knew you needed. 

2. Cupcrazed Cakery

With a rotating daily menu, it's impossible to guarantee a specific kind of cupcake at Cupcrazed on any given day. Luckily, though, the bakers behind this two time Food Network competition winning powerhouse frequently whip up s'mores flavored treats for their loyal customers. If you're in need of some #foodporn, the duo shares photos of their new concoctions on their Instagram every morning. 

Pictured above is the mouthwatering S'mores Truffle. It's a double chocolate cupcake topped with crushed graham crackers and actual toasted mallows that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Other treats found here that go along with the s'mores theme include stuffed cookies, pies, and cake pops. 

3. Earl's Grocery

Earl's, an extraordinary café/market hybrid tucked away on Elizabeth Ave, is best known for it's gourmet groceries and eclectic made-to-order dishes. However, the daily assortment of baked goods nestled in the small glass case near the coffee bar are a true hidden gem of the establishment.

One of the most impressive items frequently found in this case is the S'mores Pie, which is a three layer creation similar to that of an open-faced s'more. What really steals the show here is the marshmallow toasting that occurs when one receives their order. Now that's some pretty fancy stuff. 

4. Great Harvest Bread Company

cookie, chocolate
Louisa Cacchione

With racks full of fresh baked breads and rolls, it's easy to breeze by the baked goods case at Great Harvest. But if you happen to stop by either Charlotte location on a Friday or Saturday, don't pass up trying their infamous S'mores Bar.

Great Harvest truly exceeds expectations with this creation. The graham cracker flavored base with melted chunks of chocolate and toasted mini mallows on top makes for a dense, but moist, bar that's not exceedingly sweet. It's pretty safe to say the seven layer bar has officially met its match. 

5. Ninety's Ice Cream and Sandwiches

Last, but certainly not least, is perhaps the most creative item on this list. The S'mores Yum-ee Bun is only for the truly committed s'mores fan, as it ventures quite far outside the box. The restaurant selling this dish happens to be located up in University City, near PNC Music Pavilion for all you concert-goers. The intelligent minds over at this family-owned ice cream shop have used their Asian heritage to craft an unheard of take on both s'mores and the ice cream sandwich.

Chocolate ice cream is stuffed between a sliced Chinese sweet bun, topped with mini marshmallows and crushed graham crackers, and finally drizzled with chocolate sauce to compose a truly one-of-a-kind item. The outer shell is similar to that of a sweet French brioche bread, so don't be thrown off by the word "bun". However, if this creations seems a little daunting to you, have no fear. Ninety's makes a S'mores Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich that is said to be quite tasty as well. 

Just when you thought s'mores couldn't get an better, 2017 rolled around and storefronts like the ones above changed the game. Whether you're a local Charlottean or a tourist stopping through town, you truly can't go wrong by popping into one (or all) of these shops to get your s'mores fix.