Laziness, specific cravings, or the inability to cook has plagued all college students at some point. Luckily, delivery and takeout exist which makes overcoming these obstacles practically effortless. While it’s said that nothing beats a home cooked meal, this saying can be called into question you can have amazing food brought right to your home in a matter of minutes.

Wake Forest students are lucky to have GrubHub and Winston-Salem restaurants that make delivery and takeout a breeze. Deciding where to place your next order? Here are eight Wake Forest University favorites:

1. Thai Sawatdee

Delivery

Photo by Charlotte Said

Thai Sawatdee very well might be the most underrated takeout place on this list. While not the first option that comes to mind when you think of takeout in Winston-Salem, this place has every item you could possibly crave from a Thai restaurant. If you’re not particularly versed in ordering Thai food, I recommend ordering the fresh basil rolls, pad thai, and a sweet Thai iced tea. If you like spicy foods, choosing one of their delicious curries is your best bet.

#SpoonTip: Thai Sawatdee is actually located inside Harris Teeter. Plan your next takeout meal on the day you go grocery shopping and kill two birds with one stone.

2. Burke Street Pizza

Delivery

Photo courtesy of Regina Hufton

Open til 3 am on the weekends and delivering to all locations near campus, Burke Street Pizza is a place that all Wake students should have on speed dial. Beyond having delicious specialty pizzas, they also have jumbo wings, sandwiches, and Italian desserts. So next time you’re planning a pizza party or in need of a late night feast, Burke Street has got you covered.

3. Dioli’s

Delivery

Photo by Ashley Hamati

Located conveniently on Reynolda Road, Dioli’s is a go-to lunch option for Wake Forest students. Known for their fresh breads and Italian meats, their sandwiches are what makes them a favorite in Winston-Salem. Not in the mood for a sandwich? Their lasagna is the little-known item menu that is a favorite of Dioli’s regulars.

4. Elizabeth’s

Delivery

Photo by Alyssa Raguso

Elizabeth’s is a local favorite and everyone’s first choice when it comes to affordable Italian cuisine. With everything from caprese salad to classic pasta alfredo, Elizabeth’s menu is worth a look if you’re in search of a great delivery option.

5. Silo

Delivery

Photo by Ashley Hamati

Silo is a Wake Forest student staple since it is conveniently located in Reynolda Village, but people often forget that they are a great option for takeout near campus. With an extensive sandwich list and delicious sides such as pasta salad, kettle chips, and roasted garlic herb quinoa, you are guaranteed to discover a favorite combo. Looking for something on the lighter side? Their chicken and tuna bowls are always a great choice.

#SpoonTip: Make sure to keep an eye out for great deals during the week, like $2 tacos on Tuesdays, or 10% off on Wednesdays if you bring your student ID.

6. Taco Riendo 3

Delivery

Photo by Ashley Hamati

Meet the restaurant that’s going to reinstate your family’s old tradition of taco Tuesday. Don’t be fooled by the fact it’s hidden within a gas station; this place is the real deal. With fresh ingredients and authentic Mexican menu items, this hole-in-the-wall gem makes it easy to enjoy delicious Mexican food whenever you choose.

7. Bib’s Downtown

Delivery

Photo by Kelly McAdam

A takeout order from Bib’s is the easiest way to bring good ol’ southern barbecue to your backyard… without firing up the grill. A combo plate is the best way to try more than one of their famous smoked meats, and while you’re at it, check out the dessert menu. Desserts like their homemade cakes are made daily.

8. Mooney’s

Delivery

Photo by Ashley Hamati

Everyone enjoys a good pita or falafel dish, but Mooney’s makes you feel extra good when doing so because their menu features local products such as beef from a farm in Wilkesboro and fresh produce from the Cobblestone Farmers Market.

Needing something now? Mooney’s prepares their food extra fast so you can head on over to pick up your takeout shortly after you call in your order.

9. Mizu

Delivery

Photo by Ashley Hamati

Mizu is every Wake student’s favorite sushi place. And lucky for us, Mizu shows some love too with the Wake Forest roll, a spicy salmon roll presented in the shape of a W. Mizu also has non-sushi options such as hibachi and pad thai for the pickier eaters so that no one has to feel left out on sushi Sunday.