The only thing that rivals the BTV food scene is its coffee shops. For a small city, there are plenty of places to get your caffeine fix, ranging from the incredibly hip latte, to the perfect cup of coffee. Here are the top 8 places to get buzzed in Burlington.

1.Maglianero Café

coffee

Photo courtesy of: Maglianero Cafe

This is probably one of the most authentic espresso bars in town, and the baristas here certainly know what they’re doing. It’s minimalist décor and trendy feel make it a great place to get work done while enjoying the perfectly crafted latte.

2.Muddy Waters

coffee

Photo courtesy of: Muddy Waters

Muddy’s is one of the coziest coffee shops in Burlington, and is the perfect
hideout for a busy college student. If you don’t need to do work, take advantage of the great people watching that goes on here, and spend your day observing the characters of Burlington that pass through. The best part about this shop is that you can switch from coffee to beer once you deem it to be an acceptable time.

3.Uncommon Grounds

coffee

Photo courtesy of: Uncommon Grounds

Another classic hangout for when you need to finish homework, Uncommon Grounds is a local favorite and is conveniently located on Church Street. With coffee roasted in house, and incredibly reasonable prices, this store earns it’s place on the Best of Burlington list by providing fresh food and coffee that even a broke student can enjoy.

4.Bluebird Coffee Stop

coffee

Photo courtesy of: M. Smith Photography

If you’re looking for a quick pick me up while you’re shopping downtown, Bluebird Coffee Stop should be your first thought. This cute stand on the corner of Church and College is perfect when you need something to-go. The maple latte here comes highly recommended, and the baristas are always super friendly.

5.Scout & Co

coffee

Photo courtesy of: Scout & Co.

This lesser known coffee shop is a little further away from downtown, but is well worth the trip. Its Burlington location on North Street has plenty of space and floor to ceiling windows to create a relaxed atmosphere. Their menu changes often, but is available on their site. Bonus: they serve homemade ice cream that will change your life.

6.Speeder & Earl’s

coffee

Photo by: Erin Mahoney

A small family owned coffee shop, Speeder & Earl’s coffee can be considered the best of the best. While their espresso drinks are great, their straight coffee is even better, and the best part is knowing exactly where it all came from. Stop by their Church Street location for a quick cup, or head over to Pine Street for a more traditional coffee shop experience. You can even serve their blends at home, since their roasts are available online.

7.Mirabelle’s

coffee

Photo courtesy of: Mirabelle’s

While Mirabelle’s is better known for their French pastries, they serve exceptional coffee and espresso drinks as well. The upbeat atmosphere is warm and inviting and the baristas are always friendly. Grab a latte and a croissant to-go, or sit down and enjoy a meal with your coffee. Whatever you do, don’t leave without picking out a dessert from the case.

8.New Moon

coffee

Photo courtesy of: New Moon

Out of all the places in Burlington, New Moon is definitely a favorite place to get coffee, hold meetings, or study. The relaxed atmosphere and energetic staff make it somewhere you can stay for hours. Their motto of “sip. savor. stay.” makes it an even better location to hang out and enjoy authentic espresso.

No matter where you end up, Burlington has a great variety of coffee shops to help you get caffeinated and stay that way.