Believe it or not, there are certain people that actually follow their resolutions to make 2016 a healthy year—and we commend you. This guide of some of the healthiest (and best) food to order in Ann Arbor will help inspire you to continue that healthy path all the way till spring break and beyond.

Gif courtesy of Giphy

1. Avocado Toast with Over Medium Egg from Angelo’s

healthy

Photo courtesy of @isabelrodgers on Instagram

Angelo’s is a restaurant that has been around since 1956. However, ordering something that is healthy when their French toast is calling your name is not an easy task. Luckily, the avocado toast with an over medium egg on top will not only be just as good as that french toast, but will leave you and your stomach happy. The healthy fats from the avocado and the protein from the egg will keep you going for hours.

2. Big Yummy Smoothie from Whole Foods Smoothie Bar

healthy

Photo courtesy of @ally_wilpon on Instagram

The Whole Foods Smoothie bar: a place where dreams come true. The Big Yummy is a fan favorite; this healthy snack will get you through the day and keep your energy up. Pro Tip: if you want to adjust the original order to sneak in an extra serving of veggies, substitute kale for dates. It will not only leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, but will keep you full due to its high fiber and protein content.

3. Arugula Salad from MANI Osteria & Bar

healthy

Photo courtesy of @taste_4_two on Instagram

Italian restaurants can be tricky to order light at, especially one as good as Mani. We can thank the chef for providing the public with lighter options, such as this delicious and unique salad. The perfect combination of arugula, crispy shallots, mushrooms, and parmagiano reggiano with the dressing of your choice will (hopefully) take away the pain of not ordering ravioli. Hopefully.

4. Cucumber Wrapped California Roll from Sadako

healthy

Photo courtesy of @michigan.munchies on Instagram

Everyone loves sushi, right? (If not, that’s a personal problem). However, white rice can leave you feeling bloated, sluggish, and not even full. Making the simple switch from white rice to brown rice or a cucumber wrap helps keep your sushi as healthy as possible while still filling you up. Cucumber’s high water content helps your stomach send signals to your brain as being full. Two shrimp California rolls wrapped in cucumber is the perfect take-out order on a Sunday night.

5. Pan Seared Diver Scallops from Chop House

healthy

Photo courtesy of @spoon_michigan on Instagram

Seafood is known to have amazing health benefits; salmon gets most of the attention from the health community, but scallops are an under-the-radar healthy powerhouse. Packed with protein and low in calories, they also provide a heavy dosage of potassium and magnesium. These scallops from Chophouse are the perfect dish to order on a fancy night out.

6. Buffalo Wrap from The Lunch Room

healthy

Photo courtesy of @vegoutdetroit on Instagram

The Lunch Room is one of the coolest restaurants in A^2, proudly serving non-GMO vegan dishes that taste so good they are almost too good to be true. One of these unique creations is the buffalo wrap, which consists of buffalo sauce-coated soy curls, housemade ranch, celery, lettuce, shredded cabbage, tomato, cucumber, and red onion, tightly wrapped in a wheat wrap. This restaurant is a must-visit.

** IMPORTANT: Life is short, so don’t forget to treat yo’self.