Have you ever asked out that very special person only to realize you have nowhere to take them? Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us. But, if this sounds like you, have no fear! Spoon is here with 6 date spots that engender stimulating conversations and a great time.

1. Café Milano

date

Photo courtesy of Brittany N. on Yelp

This café is great for a casual first date. Grab a chai tea latte or a delicious sandwich, hunker down at one of their marble-top tables, and enjoy the company of your date.

2. Elmwood Café

date

Photo by Holly Birchfield

In the mood for brunch? This place has got you covered. Indulge in their decadent hot chocolate and scones while learning about your more-than-friend. Even if the date doesn’t go as well as you’d like, the food will be worth it!

3. Bartavelle Coffee & Wine Bar

date

Photo by Heather Feibleman

Did someone say avocado toast? If your date loves aesthetic cafes, hipster food, and amazing photo ops, this is the place to go! Get a second date and an Instagram photo in one spot.

4. Thai Noodle 2

date

Photo by Luna Zhang

Sometimes, a casual lunch date just doesn’t cut it. Take a fella here for amazing pad see ew and some ~spicy~ conversation.

5. Sliver

date

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

With lunch specials that are insane, Silver is great for anyone looking for a cheap date spot close to campus. Remember, it’s not how much you spend, but the quality of each other’s company that matters. Sappy, we know.

6. Ici Ice Cream

date

Photo by Russell Escalada

Who doesn’t like ice cream? Satisfy your date’s sweet tooth with Ici’s selection of artisanal flavors and homemade cones. If all goes well, the chocolate scoop isn’t the only sweet thing that’ll happen that night.

So, if the only thing holding you from asking out that special person is the location, now you have no excuse to not seize the day. You could potentially meet the love of your life, and Spoon will be there to take the credit.