If there is one thing that Grand Valley students have in common, its the fact that we all are cheap and low on cash. That's why nobody wants to spend all their money on dinky little appetizers, let alone full course meals. 

Luckily, Applebee's provides some pretty great deals after 9 PM. Seven of their appetizers go on sale for half off every single night! From wonton tacos to boneless wings; is there anything sweeter? We decided to rank all of these half off apps, and some of our results may surprise you.

7.  Brew Pub Pretzels & Beer Cheese Dip

sauce, cheese
Molly McGeeney

Coming last on our list, this pretzel and bread combination is indeed tasty, but does come with a few flaws. Mainly, the pretzel bread lacks salt, which makes it taste a bit bland. Luckily, the beer cheese dip is there to save the day. Creamy and piping hot, this dip is the perfect side dish. On top of the dip, you also get served a side of zesty honey mustard sauce which makes up for the lackluster bread.

Price: $3.99 

6. Mozzarella Sticks  

bread
Molly McGeeney

If a restaurant can screw up a mozzarella stick, then you need to run far away from that place and NEVER return. Mozzarella sticks, once childhood favorites, have become one of the most comforting appetizers in the world. Applebee's provides a crisp and cheesy stick served with a side of marinara sauce. Light and fried to perfection, you can't really go wrong.

Price: $4.25

5. Sriracha Shrimp 

rice, chicken, curry
Molly McGeeney

Maybe seafood isn't for everybody, but these sriracha shrimp might change your mind. Zesty and crispy, these scintillating shellfish burst with flavor. Coated in a sriracha chilie lime sauce, you won't complain about a lack in taste; that's a guarantee. 

Price: $4.30

4. Quesadillas

burrito, chicken, tacos, salsa
Molly McGeeney

Coming in two versions, sirloin steak or chipotle lime chicken, these quesadillas provide a nice sized meal for the price. Served with a side salsa verde and pico de gallo, there are a lot of different flavors you can dip into. The soft flour tortilla also manages to add a bit crunch to it, which is quite satisfying.

Price: $4.50 

3. Wanton Tacos 

cheese, chicken, meat, salad, sauce, vegetable
Molly McGeeney

Possibly one of the stranger fusions on the menu, Applebee's wanton tacos provide a fresh and light flavor with every bite. Served with spicy chicken, coleslaw, and cilantro, these stuffed wanton shells put an Asian zing on traditional tacos. While some people may not like these unique flavor combinations, it is definitely worth trying out.

Price: $4.15  

2. Spinach & Artichoke Dip 

cheese, bread, soup
Molly McGeeney

Served with a side of hand cut tortilla chips, this appetizer aims to please and is perfect for sharing. The spinach and artichoke dip has a great balance of crunch, creaminess, and flavor. This appetizer is also one of the cheaper options while still providing a large portion size.

Price: $3.99

1. Boneless Wings

vegetable, chicken, sauce, beef, pork, meat
Molly McGeeney

Coming in pretty big portion sizes compared to some of the other appetizers, these wings don't fail to impress. Each with their own unique flavors (BBQ, spicy sweet Asian Chile, & hot buffalo), you no longer have to say no to wings if you don't like spice. Drowned in sauce with an extra crunch, these wings make for one tasty meal.

Price: $4.99

Tara O'Connor

For the price, all these half off apps are definitely worth the trip. We are all looking to save a little money and there is nothing better than being given quality service (shout-out to Terry B.) and eating food at low prices. The next time you are looking for a place to eat, head down to the Walker Applebee's (you can take the 50 to get there) and enjoy a delicious meal for half the cost. 

#SpoonTip: If you are a GVSU student, there are some sweet deals available to you AND only you. Ask your server about the cards you see pictured above and see if you can save even more money!