Ann Arbor is not only the best college town, but also the best food town. It has endless options to satisfy any craving. In need of late-night cheesy bread? Head to Pizza House. Broke but want a juicy burger? Go Charley's on a Thursday for $4.00 burgers. Ann Arbor has great brunch spots, amazing late-night options, and foods that are not only delicious, but also Instagram-worthy. In honor of rivalry week, we put together a list of 11 distinct foods of Ann Arbor that totally beat anything that Columbus has to offer. A buckeye is a worthless nut anyways. 

Baked ziti and mac 'n cheese pizza at NYPD 

Most likely consumed at 2 am after a dance filled night at Skeeps. This monster of a pizza tastes like heaven on earth (when you don't think about it) and hopefully you don't remember eating it. No regrets.

Waffle fries at The Brown Jug

Waffle fries from the Brown Jug don't even need an entrée. They're crisp and crunchy, easily inhaled at a speed of 10 mph. Before you know if you're ordering another round for the table. 

Cheesy bread at Pizza House

Cheesy bread from Pizza House is better than its actual pizza. Simple as that. Consumed after a late night at Ricks or delivered on Valentines day in the shape of a heart — from you, to you. 

Crack fries at HopCat

Like its name suggests, crack fries from HopCat are extremely addicting. These crispy French fries seasoned with salt and pepper and a side of secret sauce are too good to be shared. That sounds mean, but you're all going to want your own side of these fries. Every man for himself. 

Grilled muffin with FroYo at Afternoon Delight

Afternoon Delight has one of the best breakfast menus in Ann Arbor, but what really steals the show are its muffins. Ask for it grilled and topped with whichever flavor of froyo they have available. The warm texture of the muffin and the cold froyo pair perfectly together, and you'll hear yourself unconsciously saying "yum".

Hippie hash at Fleetwood Diner

Hippie hash from Fleetwood Diner is a classic. It's one of the only restaurants on campus opened 24 hours. Devouring a plate of hippie hash at 4 am is a right of passage for any University of Michigan student. 

Michigan roll at Sushi Town 

Michigan roll from Sushi Town is the most filling, savory, and satisfying sushi plate you will find on campus. The flavors of the sauce compliment the snow crab and avocado perfectly. Sushi from Sushi Town is one of the 30 things you need to eat in Ann Arbor before you graduate.

Reuban at Zingerman's Deli

The Reuban from Zingerman's Deli is President Obama's favorite sandwich. It's a legendary must-have for anyone on Ann Arbor's campus. I'll leave it at that. 

Frita with egg at Frita Batidos

Frita Batidos has excellent burgers. They're hefty, greasy, and satisfying. Add avocado and fried egg to your frita and you'll never look at a burger the same way again. 

Deep fried French toast at Angelo's 

Deep fried French toast from Angelo's is indulgent and tasty. It's crunchy on the outside and perfectly sweet on and doughy on the the inside. 

$4 burger Thursday's at Good Time Charley's

bacon, cheese
Alex Weiner

You think $4.00 burger and question its quality. Let me tell you — these burgers get the job done. They're big and juicy and it will be the best $4.00 you've ever spent.