For the college student that is ready for the next level of familiar favorites, look no further. The Fridge is the ultimate destination for spectacular food, beverage, and ambiance that’s within walking distance from campus.

Restaurant owners Kevin and James found themselves in a precarious position after losing their jobs and decided to pursue their life goal of created their ideal business, featuring a few of their favorite things: beer, pizza, art, music, and, of course, Lancaster.

The Fridge

Photo by Benjamin Martin

The unassuming exterior reflects The Fridge’s simple mission for great food, great drinks, and a great time. The outside bench is hoppin’ during the warmer months and is one of the best places in Lancaster to grab a drink, talk with friends, and run into acquaintances who are walking around the area.

The Fridge

Photo by Benjamin Martin

Step inside and experience the familiar artistic quirkiness that we love about Lancaster. The walls are adorned with bottle cap mosaics, beer-themed posters, local art, and food and drink specials, which are prominently displayed on colorful chalkboards.

The Fridge

Photo by Benjamin Martin

The first thing you’ll notice about the place is the large 8-door fridge on the far wall, filled to the back with the largest assortment of craft beers you’ve probably ever witnessed, thus the apt name. If you’re an adventurous drinker, this is the perfect place to buy a six-pack of outrageous beers made with unique hops and other exciting flavorings.

Of course, they also carry everyone’s favorite familiar artisan varieties. If you’re coming back from studying abroad in Europe, this is the best place to get your hands on some quality imported beer from Germany, Belgium, and elsewhere. In addition to their extensive bottled collection, they also have a number of local beers on tap, which they change regularly.

The Fridge

Photo by Benjamin Martin

Let’s not forget about the huge menu of food to pair with your beer. The Fridge specializes in pizza, which they display prominently at their front counter. In fact, it was voted best pizza in Lancaster City. Their perfectly crunchy thin crust comes topped with an assortment of seasonal, local vegetables and meats, sure to tickle the fancy of any gourmand.

They like to keep their food as fresh as possible and will use what’s most in season to inspire their current pizzas, so get excited to try a new slice every time you go. Apart from the homemade ‘zas, the menu also features delicious, and objectively underrated, hotdogs as well as a slew of elevated appetizers. Some editors favorites include bacon fat popcorn and pickled beets.

The Fridge

Photo by Benjamin Martin

So wether you want to grab a few brews before heading home or are in the mood to split some artisan pizza with a friend, The Fridge is one place where the college student can find their favorites done exceptionally.