Momofuku Milk Bar was deemed "one of the most exciting bakeries in the country" for a reason. Their non-traditional desserts based off of childhood favorites has created a cult and I am not ashamed to say that I'm one of their loyal followers. I had the chance to visit Momofuku's Toronto location after waiting for what it seemed like years. And let me say, the wait was worth it.

I stepped into Momofuku already knowing what I wanted. I wanted my taste of what Momofuku Milk Bar is famous for: cereal milk ice cream.

I ordered 1 cup of cereal milk soft serve with cereal crunchies. After I was handed my "Milk cup," it became obvious to me why this same exact cup has been shared on social media so many times before. The tiny white cup stamped with the word "milk" was overflowing with ice cream and cereal crunchies, making it beyond Insta-worthy.

Momofuku Milk Bar's flagship dessert, cereal milk soft serve, is creamy and sweet. Its taste resembles that of the milk left at the bottom of the cereal bowl after eating Froot Loops or Frosted Flakes. After the first bite, it almost immediately inflicts nostalgia. One taste was enough to send me back into the Milk Bar's shopping area to buy more goodies. 

My next purchase included, Birthday Cake Truffles, Crack Pie and a Compost Cookie, all items that Momofuku is famous for as well. Although I fell in love with each of these desserts, my favorite by far were the Birthday Cake Truffles. These truffles are basically Funfetti cookie dough. However, they taste exactly like a perfectly moist and delicious forkful of birthday cake. 

Crack Pie is called Crack Pie for a reason - it's equally, if not more, addicting than the Birthday Cake Truffles. The pie comes pre-sliced in a cardboard envelope and tastes like caramel in a brown sugar cookie crust. It's so rich that I couldn't finish the slice without help.

Although, Momofuku sells a variety of cookies, I chose the Compost Cookie just because it is the most famous. The Compost Cookie has chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, potato chip pieces, pretzel pieces, graham cracker pieces, oats and coffee.

I know, it sounds like a lot packed into one cookie (it is). However, the flavors balance each other out to create a cookie that is both sweet and savory. 

I enjoyed my visit to Momofuku probably a little more than I should have and definitely gained a few pounds in the process. A visit to the Milk Bar is an experience that everyone should have, especially those looking for different desserts to satisfy any craving.