Matcha, a type of powdered tea, is trendier than ever, and it's no surprise why. It's rich in antioxidants, is known to promote alertness without the added effect of jitters, and excels in the taste department. Now, this coveted tea has been taken to a whole new level with the advent of Trader Joe's matcha products. Read below for my totally objective ranking of the following items.

7. Matcha Green Tea Single-Serve Packets 

If you're an on-the-go student like me, these are a lifesaver. Just add a packet to hot water, stir, and you've got yourself a rejuvenating drink to carry you through the day. For optimum summer enjoyment, add ice and a spritz of honey

#SpoonTip: Getting the perfect powder-to-water ratio can be tricky, so be sure to gradually add in the contents of the packets, and stir away.

Rating: 6/10

6. Matcha White Chocolate Bar

Thanks to Trader Joe's, my two favorite flavors—chocolate and matcha—have come together in pristine bar form. For those who have an ultra-sweet tooth, this is heavenly. I personally think this would be much better if the matcha were to be combined with dark chocolate. 

#SpoonTip: Be careful when you break apart the pieces, as the matcha filling can get quite messy. 

Rating: 6.5/10

5. Matcha Green Tea Greek Yogurt 

I'm going to be honest here, I'm not a Greek yogurt or yogurt fan, period. But I am a matcha fan, and I've heard positive things about this item. Plus, I don't think you can ever go wrong health-wise with Greek yogurt, especially when it's combined with matcha. 

Rating: 7/10 (for obvious health benefits)

4. Matcha Green Tea

If I had to choose between making my own matcha green teas or having them pre-packaged, I'd go with the latter almost any day. That's why these are high up on my list. Convenience and taste (if you're a fan of unsweetened teas) make a killer combo. 

Rating: 7.5/10

3. Green Tea Infused Mints 

This is probably the most innovative concoction since sliced bread. If wintergreen, spearmint, and peppermint-flavored mints aren't your cup of tea, perhaps green tea mints are. Not only do they keep you alert, but they also taste bomb.

Rating: 9/10

2. Green Tea Mochi Ice Cream 

tea, coffee, milk
Liyi Straly

Haven't you heard? Good things don't just come in ice cream tubs. These green tea mochi desserts are living proof. I can't even begin to explain how addictive they are. Oh, and they're also conveniently sold at Trader Joe's. Nice ploy.

Rating: 9.5/10

1. Matcha Joe-Joe's 

Step aside, Oreos. These may be a dupe, but they're 1,000 times better with matcha. Imagine a decadent layer of tea-flavored filling between two buttery cookies. I was hooked on the first bite, and I'm sure you will be too.

Rating: 10/10

The next time you go to Trader Joe's for groceries, make sure to load your cart with these items. Even if your ranking ends up being different from mine, we can probably both agree that Trader Joe's has made a wise move in keeping up with the matcha trend.