Vitals Vittles knows that Georgetown students enjoy the casual college binge night but that they also maintain sophisticated palates. Despite the store’s reputation for being the spot to pick up convenience foods, Vittles has made significant changes to its store and inventory to reach a wider range of student shoppers.

This past semester, the store removed one of its old cashier counters to increase inventory space. So far Vittles has expanded its gluten free and vegan options as well as increased its fresh produce offerings. But the store is looking new ways to improve and better meet the needs of Georgetown students. If you have ideas on how to help Vittles improve their store, please fill out this survey.

Here is a list of 9 ways Vittles has already started to step up its game:

1. New Gluten Free Section

Vital Vittles

Photo by Allegra Dobson

Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods have a new competitor. After getting rid of their old check out counter, Vittles has been able to step up their gluten free options for students. Their new section now includes pancake mix, granola, soups, pizza and pasta for those living gluten free.

2. Frozen Veggies

Vital Vittles

Photo by Anna Hsu

Buying frozen veggies in bulk is perhaps one of the best ways to shop on a budget. There is a misconception that frozen fruits and vegetables are unhealthy, however most of these foods are frozen at their peak ripeness. At this time, fruits and vegetables are most nutrient-dense.

Vital Vittles has a pretty extensive frozen aisle section, including frozen vegetables at an affordable price point. By warming their mixed vegetable blend and mixing it with rice, salad, pasta or simply eating it plain you will see how versatile this food option can be.

3. Brie and Goat Cheese

Vital Vittles

Photo by Becca Buchanan

Need some fancy cheese for your classy wine night with friends? While their selection of “nice” cheeses is fairly small, Vittles nonetheless does carry nice brands of Brie and goat cheeses. Purchase some brie to either serve at your next wine night or make this dank Brie and puff pastry dish.

4. Balloons and Birthday Candles

Vital Vittles

Photo Courtesy of myturnstone.com

You definitely do not need to travel to CVS to find your party essentials. Vittles carries balloons and birthday candles as well as paper plates, paper towels and plastic forks and knives. Their price point for these items is also lower than that at CVS, so save yourself the trek and the dollars.

5. Kind and Bare Naked Granola

Vital Vittles

Photo by Maggie Gorman

As previously mentioned, Vittles has made significant strides to meet the demands of Hoyas looking for healthy alternatives. The store offers a range of different Kind and Bare Naked Granola flavors from oats and honey to vanilla blueberry. For those who have never tried these granola brands, Kind and Bare Naked do not sacrifice taste for fewer calories.

6. Fresh Produce

Vital Vittles

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

PSA: The Vital Vittles fresh produce section is actually good. The store now includes fresh vegetables and fruits, like sweet potatoes, onions, bell peppers, blueberries and raspberries. While their selection of produce is still quite limited, you can definitely make an appetizing meal with their current offerings. For instance, it’s super easy to make dorm meals sweet potatoes.

7. Jif to Go Packs

Vital Vittles

Photo by Marykate Surette

Vittles knows college students are busy people, but we still shouldn’t go without some protein. Jif to Go is small enough to take with you to that 8am class and keep you energized for the day ahead. Eat your PB on a banana or raw – we don’t judge.

8. Cookie Dough Peanut Butter

A photo posted by CakeLove (@cakelovedc) on Jan 27, 2016 at 12:40pm PST

These are a few of our favorite things… combined. What more can you ask for?

9. DC Vegan Products

Vital Vittles

Photo by Emma Delaney

Vittles does not discriminate. The store hopes to be able to service all kinds of diets. In the refrigerator section of “to-go” meals, Vittles now offers vegan options, like DC Vegan. Be sure to also check out the vegan and gluten free Slender Seven cookie dough now being served at the store.