Have a late night craving that can only be satisfied by a greasy burger? Or looking to sit down and chomp into a medium hamburger cooked to perfection? You’re in luck. Gainesville has a bunch of local places where you can enjoy a juicy burger.

1. Sweet Mel’s

burgers

Photo courtesy of @burntbrian on Instagram

If you’re looking to try something different, Sweet Mel’s has a wide variety of specialty burgers. Some of the most unique options include the Rise n’ Shine, which is a breakfast burger stuck between two pieces of French toast, and the Aloha, which has a large slice of grilled pineapple on top.

2. Relish

burgers

Photo courtesy of @jen___hay on Instagram

Similar to the Chipotle choose-your-own style, you can choose your own burger toppings at Relish. They have all of the traditional toppings and sauces, like ketchup and mustard. But, if you’re feeling a little adventurous you can try some peanut butter and strawberry jam on your burger. There’s also turkey and veggie burger options.

You can’t miss Relish. There’s four locations in Gainesville: Midtown, Downtown, Archer Road and Newberry Road.

3. Loosey’s

burgers

Photo courtesy of @snapdecision_gville on Instagram

Loosey’s has some of the best burgers in town, according to Ken Eats Gainesville’s Best-Of list. This bar-restaurant also lets you build your own burger. Every Wednesday night is Burger Night. This means you can get a half-pound burger for only $6 (before toppings).

4. The Top

burgers

Photo courtesy of @swinginglondon59 on Instagram

If you want a killer burger, make your way to the Top. You can either choose your own toppings or pick one of the signature burgers. The Top uses all natural 100% USDA Choice Black Angus whole-muscle chuck patties. Known for being vegan and vegetarian friendly, you can substitute the meat for a black bean or falafel patty.

5. Mac’s Drive Thru

burgers

Photo courtesy of @candace21 on Instagram

Watch out, vegetarians. Apparently, the burgers at Mac’s Drive Thru can convert you into a carnivore. If you want a cheap option for a good quality fast-food burger, Mac’s has got your back. But beware, it’s only open Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm, and the line can be long. It’s also cash only, so don’t forget your dollar bills.

6. Copper Monkey

burgers

Photo courtesy of @carlynncrosby on Instagram

The Copper Monkey is located in Midtown, so you don’t have to go far from campus to get a $3 burger on Monday nights. The most popular burger is the University Avenue burger, which is heaped high with grilled onions, sauteed mushrooms, and a thick layer of provolone cheese. There are also a couple veggie burger options.

7. BurgerQuE

burgers

Photo courtesy of @cayisfuentes on Instagram

Fun fact: BurgerQuE recently expanded to Gainesville from its two Fort Myers locations (and we approve). You can get single, double, or even triple patty burgers. Many of the specialty burgers are topped with their signature BBQ sauce. There are also a couple vegetarian burger options on the menu.

8. Original American Kitchen

burgers

Photo courtesy of @sylkelopez on Instagram

Enjoy some fried green tomato sliders while you test your knowledge on Tuesday Trivia nights. The menu is changed up every so often, so use that as an excuse to try out the latest burger.

9. Sandwich Inn

burgers

Photo courtesy of @sandwichinn110 on Instagram

The Sandwich Inn prides itself in being the oldest locally owned restaurant in Gainesville and one of the nine “hole in the wall” restaurants in Florida that will blow your taste buds away. The double drive thru restaurant has some good cheap burgers to prove it.

#SpoonTip: The Sandwich Inn has early breakfast hours, but like Mac’s, it closes at 5pm and it isn’t open on Sundays.