Tired of drinking weak Keurig coffee? Do yourself a favor and head to one of these coffee houses ASAP. Your taste buds will thank you for the pleasantly strong caffeine you’re sure to come across at any of these locations.

1. Muddy’s Bake Shop

coffee

Photo by Sophie Tsagronis

Don’t be fooled by the Etsy-like interior. This shop makes a mean cup of coffee. The iced mocha almond milk latte, topped with whipped cream, is the perfect amount of chocolatey delight accompanied by kick-ass caffeine. But be sure to actually mix in the whipped cream; it’s a game changer as it makes the drink super creamy. Oh, and you can’t forget to order one of their delectable cupcakes!

2. Bluff City Coffee

coffee

Photo courtesy of @bluffcitycoffee on Instagram

This hot spot is located in downtown Memphis and provides the perfect view of the historic trolley cars. While their menu is extensive, definitely try their dirty chai (chai latte plus a shot of espresso) – it is out of this world. If you’re feeling adventurous, pair it with one of the exquisite zucchini cupcakes. They should honestly give an award to anyone who can finish it in one sitting because it is ginormous but so tasty.

3. Avenue Coffee

coffee

Photo courtesy of @avenuecoffeememphis on Instagram

Got a sweet tooth? This one’s for you. The iced vanilla latte is decadent and tastes just like coffee ice cream. Also, this spot ranks number one in study space because you could seriously fit your intro bio class in there with all the tables. Drink up, and get your study on.

4. City and State

coffee

Photo courtesy of @cityandstate on Instagram

Gourmet coffee? Check. Trendy music? Check. A store filled with local art, jewelry, and clothes? Check. City and State has it all! They have really fun seasonal drinks (hello, deconstructed pumpkin pie latte, anyone??), but the BonBon latte never fails to please with its creamy condensed milky goodness. It’s so tasty, you won’t want to share.

5. Otherlands Coffee Bar

coffee

Photo courtesy of @otherlandscoffeebar on Instagram

Head to Otherlands and experience the glory that is the iced hazelnut coffee. Not only will you be enamored with their menu, but you’ll also surely enjoy the unique treasures found in the store. This eclectic wonder will make you want to become a regular in no time.

6. Tamp and Tap

coffee

Photo by Sophie Tsagronis

Tamp and Tap is located downtown near the FedEx Forum, and like the rest of the locations on this list, it has major cool factor. There’s a full breakfast and lunch menu to go with their versatile coffee creations. Try the Delta Eagle for a chocolatey, raspberry caffeination explosion. Or if you’re feeling extra sugary, sip on the Pan-American latte to experience the delight that is white chocolate and Irish cream. Bonus points if you go on Saturday or Sunday and experience the live music!

7. Cafe Eclectic

coffee

Photo courtesy of @cafeeclectic on Instagram

While technically a chai latte isn’t coffee, it sure has a fantastic amount of caffeine, and Cafe Eclectic makes a killer one. But do not fret; their menu is filled with delights like the Karamel Sutra and the Mayan Cappuccino. You’ll surely find something magical to wash down their equally exquisite vegan pancakes.

8. Java Cabana

coffee

Photo by Tevin Mathew

This whimsical destination is as fun and quirky as their menu. They definitely have one of the most accommodating menus on this list. Do not fret if you’re gluten free, vegan, or vegetarian – you’ll walk away a happy customer thanks to the many substitutions available. Feeling daring? Sip on their lavender mocha latte or munch on one of their vegan goodies. Want a guaranteed good time? Go for the iced vanilla latte or the Java Shake (ice cream and a ton of caffeine *swoon*).

9. Tart

coffee

Photo courtesy of @tartmemphis on Instagram

In need of a European getaway? Same. Luckily, Tart provides some relief with their glorious croissants and enticing drink selection. The Cafe Miel fills a void you didn’t even know you had, and the honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, java combination is pure bliss. If you’re aching for a fuller Parisian cafe experience, test out their quiche of the day or croque monsieur. Bon appetite!