Parents’ weekend starts this Friday, October 16th and that means a few things: for one, it means you’ll be dining in style and saying bye to the dining hall for a few days. It also means you’ll finally get the chance to go to some awesome (and likely expensive) restaurants you’ve been wanting to try for months.

Check out this list of 9 places that are likely to be out your typical budget, but perf for when your ‘rents are in town.

1. Barcelona

Fellow tapas lovers, rejoice. At either Boston Barcelona location (South End or Brookline), try some of their many meats and cheeses to start, like their jamón serrano or their drunken goat cheese. Follow up with some other dishes, like their gambas (shrimp) al ajillo, spiced beef empanadas, or chicken and jamón croquettes.

2. Island Creek Oyster Bar

Oysters at Island Creek Oyster Bar in Boston via @minnniekim #BostonFoodies

A photo posted by Boston Foodies (@bostonfoodies) on

Oysters are something I (sadly) almost never eat as a college student, but when my parents come to town, I find any excuse to. At Island Creek Oyster Bar, located in Kenmore Square, try plenty of fresh oysters and other shellfish from their raw bar, or, if raw bar isn’t really your thing, try their lobster roll or choose from the day’s fish selection.

3. Carmelina’s

Classic Italian favorites with a Mediterranean twist; what could be better? At Carmelina’s, located in the North End, try the gnocchi al forno, the “Sunday macaroni” (served with meatballs, sausage, AND beef rib), or their pork rib chop stuffed with prosciutto and smoked mozzarella. Bonus: Carmelina’s encourages their customers to get dessert at places nearby like Mike’s Pastry or Modern Pastry. So, now you and your fam can now debate over whose cannolis are better. #bonding

4. Cinquecento

dinner at Cinquecento in Boston via @x.a.a #BostonFoodies

This South End trattoria is bomb for brunch OR dinner (or both, which is what my family did last year. #noshame). For brunch, try their blueberry french toast served with bacon and ricotta cheese, or their eggs and parmacotto. For dinner, be sure to try their daily crudo, or other mouthwatering dishes like their prosciutto wrapped veal tenderloin or their fettuccine with mushrooms and truffle butter.

5. Eastern Standard

A belated birthday brunch for Shauna | thank you, #easternstandard | #birthday #brunch

A photo posted by meghan ireland (@meghan_ireland) on

Eastern Standard, located in Kenmore Square, dishes out a mix New American and brasserie fare. With an extensive drink menu, a glam, upscale atmosphere, and plenty of great food to choose from, you’ll have memorable meal for sure. Try something you’ve maybe never had before, like fried frog legs, or something more familiar like creamy polenta or bone-in ribeye.

6. The Butcher Shop

At The Butcher Shop Restaurant in Boston via @loocheeya #BostonFoodies

Calling all carnivores! This wine bar and full service butcher shop will definitely deliver. Located in the South End, the Butcher Shop fuses together the tastes of France and Italy. To start, order a charcuterie board and maybe some wine. Also try their steak tartare, their Waygu steak, or any of their other cuts of meat from their ‘Signature Cuts’ list.

7. The Gallows

If you feel like having great food in a loud and fun environment, The Gallows in the South End is for you. As a gastropub, they have a great booze menu and awesome food to pair your drink of choice with. Definitely try one of their various unique burgers AND try their poutine (fries with cheese curd and gravy– aka the best thing ever).

8. Catalyst

Located in Kendall Square in Cambridge, the menu is constantly changing since they focus on using foods that are local and grown or raised using sustainable practices. Celebrate the fall by trying their squash ravioli or their slow roasted salmon served with fall vegetables.

9. Aquitaine

sundays are for…

A photo posted by Marci (@wolfandafish) on

For wonderful brunch AND dinner with a French bistro feel, head to Aquitaine in the South End. For brunch, try their duck hash and eggs, or one of their various omelettes. For dinner, dine like a true Parisian and try their filet mignon, the escargots, or their moules-frites.