Even though vacation is a great time to enjoy home cooked meals and your favorite restaurants back home, you probably miss some of the foods from your daily life at Cuse. Here's a list of restaurants Syracuse foodies miss when they're away from campus. 

1) Pastabilities 

Pastabilities is a highly lauded restaurant that serves fresh pasta, a variety of sauces, and bread baked on their premise. The Spicy Hot Tomato Oil is unique and addictive.

2) Royal Indian Gril

Although it's one of Marshall Street's newer establishments, Royal has become popular among SU students and faculty because of it's affordable, unlimited lunch buffet and convenient to-go box. The chicken tikka masala is their staple buffet dish that keeps students coming back for more.

3) Pita Pit

Pita Pit takes an American spin on Medditeranian cuisine by making pita sandwiches. The Chicken Souvlaki is one of their most popular wraps amongst Cuse students. 

4) Modern Malt

SU foodies on Instagram are most likely familiar with Modern Malt's Barney Rubble. It's a Fruity Pebbles crusted french toast with strawberry-ginger jam and Creme Anglaise. Definitely, a unique treat that brunch lovers miss when they're away from campus.

5) Strong Hearts Cafe

Strong Hearts is Syracuse's all-vegan cafe with a diverse menu and over 40 exquisite milkshakes named after revolutionary people with "strong hearts". Their milkshakes are filling and keep students refreshed between classes.

6) Funk 'n Waffles

Funk 'n Waffles is a popular hang-out place with a great atmosphere, vibrant coffee, and Guy Fieri approved waffles. If you have a sweet tooth you're probably hooked to the James Brownie waffle. If you're into savory foods the Falafel waffle is what you're missing, right?

7) Peppino's 

Yes, pizza is pretty much omnipresent across the U.S. (and the world for the most part) but Peppino's is an award-winning, internationally acclaimed pizzeria. Your hometown pizzeria likely pales in comparison. 

8) Asahi Sushi

Even though sushi is available throughout the U.S. now, Asahi offers a 50% off on conveyor belt sushi every Monday. Of course, any sushi lover would miss that.

9) Chipotle 

Chipotle has franchises across the country but it continues to draw long lines on Marshall Street and is an SU favorite. It's affordable, a taste bud savior to those who have meal plans, and healthier than getting the tater tots at Schine Dining.