We've all seen NYC's Trendiest Ice Cream Shops, The 13 Best Ice Cream Shops in San Francisco and The Coolest Ice Cream in Dallas, but it's time for London to shine! Everyone appreciates a good ol' chocolate ice cream in a cone, but have you ever wanted to step up your ice cream game even more? Well you're in luck—here I present to you eight quirky, unconventional ice cream places in London! And rest assured, they are allllll #Instaworthy!

1. Yolkin

A hybrid between a macaron and an ice cream—how cute is that?! While Yolkin changes its macaron ice cream flavours every week, it never fails to amaze customers with its pastel aesthetics and sweetness!  

#SpoonTip: Check their Instagram page every Tuesday for updates on weekly flavours.

Location (Weekends Only): 24 Wellington St, London WC2E 7D

2. Hatch Waffles

Hatch provides traditional egg waffles with four special 'combo' flavours including the Classic Strawberry, Matcha Madness, Tropical Chocolate and the savoury Sausage Party. This is definitely an unconventional ice cream you're going to want to Instagram to show off to your friends!

Location: 13 Moor St, London W1D 5AP

3. Gelupo

This may look like an ordinary ice cream, but you would never guess its flavour: Ricotta and Sour Cherry! But Gelupo doesn't stop at that—it also serves other quirky and unusual flavours like the Cuban Tabacco Ice Cream. This is one you've really got to try for yourself.

Location: 140 Shaftesbury Ave, London WC2H 8PA

4. Chin Chin Labs

Chin Chin Labs swears by nitrogen, and its customers really see why! Freezing -198°C of liquid nitrogen smoke into its ice cream, this parlour could probably pass as a science lab! But in all seriousness, its ice creams are simply mouthwatering.

Location: 49-50 Camden Lock Place, London NW1 8AF

5. Milk Train Cafe

How dreamy is this little (but tbh, not so little) thing? Milk Train serves is amazing premium soft serve, with an array of toppings and, of course, the candy floss that looks like it's ~floating~ in the sky. It doesn't get more unconventional than this, trust me! 

Location: 44 Bedford St, London WC2E 9HA

6. Tsujiri Matcha House

If you really like green tea, this place is meant for you! Tsujiri serves their signature Matcha-O Ice Cream, but the Houjicha Ice Cream is also one for the books! Did you know that green tea has huge health benefits: it contains Vitamin A, C and E but is also probably one of the best antioxidants out there?

Location: 47 Rupert St, Soho, London W1D 7PD

7. Yorica

Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and nut-free?! YES, YES, YES, YES and YES! And if you're looking for something healthier than just ice cream (which btw they also serve), you're in luck because they serve four divine frozen yoghurt flavours—Chilled Out Chocolate, Mellow Matcha, Good Vibes Vanilla and Rad Rasberry! 

Location: 130 Wardour St, Soho, London W1F 8ZN

8. Blu Top Ice Cream

Hitting the streets with a bang is Blu Top Ice Cream! Sandwiched between freshly hand-baked cookies you'll find two scoops of flavourful, mouthwatering ice cream—it is no wonder this cute little van parlour is the talk of the town. And if you really love their ice cream like I do, Blu Top offers ice cream making lessons so that you can finally satisfy your cravings in the comfort of your home!

Location (Thursday): Meating Point Market, City Point Square, EC2Y 9HT

Location (Saturday): Brockley Market, Lewisham Car Park, SE4 1UT

That rounds up my little guide of brain-freeze-worthy ice creams in London! Now, go and try them out for yourselves—and be sure rave all about them to your friends because these unconventional ice creams will 100% make you squeal in excitement!