Jack ‘n’ Chill is this quaint cafe in Vijay Nagar, the foodie students’ hub. Spacious and pepped-up with funk in its décor, it has fast become a favorite among students, especially in the North Campus. Over the months, it has become a personal favorite, and I still remember how young this place made me feel the first time I visited it.

The décor makes this cafe one of the pioneers of funk in GTB Nagar and the menu is just a trailer. Here’s what happens when you get to the actual eating and hogging:

For Vegetarians:

Veg. Fried Rice

Jack 'N' Chill

Photo by Niharika Maggo

Order the Chilli Garlic flavor, and you’d not be disappointed.

Vegetable Manchurian Gravy

Jack 'N' Chill

Photo by Kritika Narula

With the choice of fried rice/noodles, this is another dish we recommend at the cafe. The serving size is just right and eating this with friends would be an experience of its own. The pickle that accompanies it is the cherry on top.

Fallafal Wrap

Jack 'N' Chill

Photo by Yatin Arora

Fallafal with lettuce wrapped in pita bread, this is one dish that can steal your heart. Served along with French fries, it makes for a filling meal with the two dips to accompany the pita wrap.

For Non-Vegetarians:

Texas Style Chicken Wings

Jack 'N' Chill

Photo by Yatin Arora

Tossed in their special sauce, this is the kind of dish that makes you gorge on it like you have not a care in the world.

Crispy Chicken with Mayo

Jack 'N' Chill

Photo by Niharika Maggo

Because everything is so much better with mayo. And also, this dish lives up to its name – it is the right amount of crispy and compels you to order another.

For the Shakers:

Jack 'N' Chill

Photo by Yatin Arora

This place has one of the finest, and we aren’t exaggerating, the finest combinations of shakes. From the simple Chocolate shake, Oreo shake, Coffee shake, Blueberry shake to the fusion of Chocolate Oreo shake and Passion Berry shake – you gotta slurp as you relish them.

For the sweet tooth:

Chocolate Bomb:

Jack 'N' Chill

Photo by Kritika Narula

A scrumptious dollop of vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate syrup, accompanied by the chocolate bomb, is a delightful baked fluffiness. Who knew keeping it simple would turn out to be so sweet?

Chocolate-Oreo Mousse cake:

Jack 'N' Chill

Photo courtesy of @spoon_du

While chocolate can never go wrong, and adding oreo to the equation makes the dessert foolproof. Oreo Mousse Cake, with a generous topping of melt-in-the-mouth choco chips, again with a scoop of vanilla ice cream made prettier with chocolate syrup. Is the description not enough?