Taco Tuesday is one of the most important days of the week. From baja fish to more authentic barbacoa and carnitas, there’s a taco in Boston for everyone. When Chipotle menu hacks just aren’t cutting it, let these eight places satisfy your cravings from south of the border.

1. Tremont 647 – South End

taco tuesday

Photo courtesy of @tremont647 on Instagram

For cheap tacos on Tuesdays, Tremont 647 is the place to go. At $2 each, their rotating taco menu and low prices will keep you coming back week after week. For vegetarians this place is great. They get really creative with their vegetarian taco specials, serving up lentil, broccoli and cauliflower, as well as traditional tofu.

2. Lolita’s Cucina and Tequila Bar – Back Bay

taco tuesday

Photo courtesy of @lolitateqbars on Instagram

Celebrate Taco Tuesday a day early at Lolita’s with all-you-can-eat tacos for $9 on Monday nights when you order a margarita or glass of sangria. Their extensive list of margaritas and sangrias are out of this world, so this is something you can’t afford to miss. Equally as important is the pop rocks cotton candy they bring with the check.

3. Olecito – Cambridge

taco tuesday

Photo courtesy of @alioubakes on Instagram

A sister restaurant to Ole, Olecito offers less expensive and quicker service just across the street. They serve up simple yet delicious gourmet tacos without the big price tag. Be sure to check out their delicious vegetarian taco made with poblano peppers and black beans.

4. Lone Star Taco Bar – Allston and Cambridge

taco tuesday

Photo by Andrea Leelike

There are so many reasons to visit Lone Star. You really can’t go wrong with anything on their menu, especially their tacos. The fish taco is flaky with a hint of spice, and their barbacoa and carnitas tacos are juicy and bursting with flavor. Also, you’re a fool if you don’t get a Mug-arita.

#SpoonTip: Lone Star has great breakfast tacos at their brunch served until 4p.m.

5. Pedro’s Tacos – Downtown Crossing

taco tuesday

Photo by Andrea Leelike

If you’re from the West Coast and craving a fish taco, Pedro’s has got you covered. This So-Cal originated taco joint is a great lunch spot that brings some West Coast vibes to Boston. Don’t try to go for dinner, because they close at 2:30 p.m. every day.

#SpoonTip: get there early, as there are usually lines around busy lunch time. 

6. Herrera’s Mexican Grill – Downtown Crossing

taco tuesday

Photo courtesy of @samgx3 on Instagram

Just a couple blocks down from Pedro’s in Downtown Crossing is Herrera’s. Known for their fish, this is a great place to grab a fish taco. Don’t discount the other tacos on the menu; they’re just as authentic with bold seasonings and great flavor. Their menu is extensive, so grab a side of tortilla soup or some chips and guac to compliment your taco.

7. El Palon Taqueria – Fenway

taco tuesday

Photo courtesy of @elpelontaqueria on Instagram

El Pelon Taqueria serves up traditional tacos, as well as ones topped with cucumbers and pickled cabbage for something fresh, crunchy and a little bit different. If you’re taco didn’t fill you up and you like it real spicy, you can attempt to win free burritos for a year by eating 15 habanero peppers in 15 minutes.

8. Felipe’s Taqueria – Harvard Square

taco tuesday

Photo courtesy of @filipesnola on Instagram

The best part about Felipe’s is that you can have your tacos exactly as you want them. Chose from a variety of meats and vegetables, and have them topped with whatever you want from cotija cheese, to sweet corn and pickled jalapeños. Two tacos are only $4.25, so Felipe’s knows how to treat a college student’s budget right. Added bonus: everything is made from scratch throughout the day, so your food is as fresh as can be.