We’ve all drooled over those up-close shots of colorful doughnut-in-the-air pics that have taken Instagram by storm. Baltimore has followed suit with several doughnut shops popping up around the city. The newest addition to the lineup is B. Doughnut in Hampden, a quick 20-minute walk from campus. After thorough “research” I can promise you it doesn’t disappoint. Here’s what you can expect from B. Doughnut and some tips to get the most out of your experience.

1. B. Doughnut got started out of a garage.

B. Doughnut

Photo by Maria Wang

Owners Brian and Pin first began as a small home-delivery service. The husband-wife duo received so much positive feedback and support that they decided to open up a shop in Baltimore.

2. Don’t leave without trying the coffee doughnut.

B. Doughnut

Photo by Flo Ma

Pastry chef Brendon Hudsen recommends the coffee whip with walnuts doughnut because it’s the perfect combination of sweet and bitter. Bonus points added for the fact that it’s made using Ceremony coffee, which gives you that quick kick you need in the mornings.

3. Buy in bulk if you want to save $$.

B. Doughnut

Photo by Maria Wang

Buying a dozen donuts saves you 12% and buying two dozen saves you 15%. Turn your trip into a group venture and bring friends so you can sample more (or all) of the flavors. More importantly, ordering together will make you feel a little better about shelling out that cash.

4. Be prepared to wake up early. 

B. Doughnut

Photo by Maria Wang

It isn’t unheard of for the doughnuts to sell out by 1 PM on weekdays and 10 AM on weekends. We understand that’s early and it’s a tall order (especially when hungover) but it’s worth it. #spoontip: the classics vanilla bean and cinnamon sugar are quickest to run out.

5. They only sell doughssants on weekends. 

B. Doughnut

Photo courtesy of @b_doughnut on Instagram

Doughssants (doughnuts + croissants) are only sold on Saturdays and Sundays. So if you love flaky, soft doughnuts covered in vanilla bean, chocolate cream, or cinnamon sugar then make sure to set your alarm the night before.

6. They have savory doughnuts.

B. Doughnut

Photo by Maria Wang

Yup, you read that right. B. Doughnut doesn’t just serve ’em sweet, it’s also home to savory samples like the everything bagel with cream cheese and bacon.

7. They introduce new doughnuts regularly.

B. Doughnut

Hudsen says that they try to introduce a new flavor every week. They like to come up with doughnuts that push the boundaries between sweet and unique, like matcha whip with matcha sugar and black sesame seed, while also sticking to the classics, like lemon. Doughnuts are rotated out every month to keep things interesting, which is a great excuse for you to keep going back.

Be sure to check out the website for the hours of operation and menu, and follow them on Instagram to get updates on specials.