If you're like me, then you find it quite difficult to see the university library as a sanctuary for all my studying needs. Instead, I prefer a study spot that comes equipped with a casual environment, nice background noise and the ability to accommodate any drink or food cravings I come across during my study breaks.

Therefore, until the UNLV Lied Library finally decides to add some quality food and drink options (some common student suggestions being a bar), I will stick to some of these study spot alternatives.

TIABI Coffee & Waffle

syrup, whipped cream, sauce, ice, ice cream, cream, chocolate, waffle
Jasmine Lim

If looking for a close alternative to UNLV then look no further than TIABI. TIABI is right down the street from the Stan Fulton Building and has some delicious waffle desserts and "wafflewiches" that you can sink your teeth into as you study for that final tomorrow.

If you come during the weekend at lunch time then be ready come face to face with a crowd, but school day afternoons can be quite peaceful. 

#SpoonTip: The West Coast Wafflewich and Red Velvet Waffle have proven to be a friend favorite. 

Greens and Proteins

Jasmine Lim

Greens and Proteins is great for those on that workout grind, but I would even suggest it for those on that study grind. Their food options span across anything from protein shakes to bison burgers. Their "green" concept will also put you in a soothing, yet upbeat mood.

Although primarily a fast-casual restaurant, have no fear because there are outlets under the booth seats. So prop your charging laptop aside your shake and study away.

#SpoonTip: Their tofu fries are a great alternative to standard fries and their protein pancakes are packed with flavor that other protein pancakes seem to lack.

Joe Maxx Coffee Company

chocolate, sweet, coffee, milk, cream
Jasmine Lim

Finally arriving in Las Vegas, this coffee shop has all the vibes necessary for a good study session. Their decor is simple and their natural lighting will put you in a better mood immediately. The selection of coffee/caffeine is more than enough and if you don't know what to get, their staff is more than ready to make suggestions that will fit your personal preferences. 

Each table has a small plant that will sure to keep your mind at peace as you suffer from reading the same page, make that paragraph, for the 50th time in a row. 

#SpoonTip: Their Smitten Kitten specialty drink is sure to please all the mocha and strawberry lovers. Be sure to ask for it in a mug so you can Instagram the beaut.

Café Darak

cake, tea, coffee
Jasmine Lim

If you're looking for the cutest and most #instaworthy study spot then I must direct you to Cafe Darak. Everything from their mismatched furniture, to their Etsy-like merchandise screams cute and aesthetic. Besides, no other cafe in Las Vegas is home to their trademark Volkswagen bus tent. 

Aside from their decor, this still holds up to be a great, peaceful place to study at with friends, especially considering that they are open until really late. It's not unnecessarily loud and its home to some decent snacks and drinks, which range anywhere from teas to coffees to smoothies to even lemonade. 

#SpoonTip: Try out their watermelon lemonade - oh, what a great combo. Also, don't forget the honey toast witch is a popular item. 

Serenade 

cream, milk, espresso, cappuccino, coffee
Jasmine Lim

This place is an obvious local favorite, as you can tell by the hoards of people surrounding their tables at midnight. Serenade is a classic choice for all who are looking for a study spot with great drinks.

Beware, the trip there can feel like a huge risk as it is usually crowded and there aren't a generous amount of tables. However, their late night hours (open until 2AM) really give them an edge over other study spots.

#SpoonTip: Get a loose-leaf tea and share with your friends because there are free refills and it's the best accompaniment to a relaxing study session.

Loftti Cafe

wine, coffee, cake, beer
Jennifer Nguyen

This spot is a personal favorite because of how friendly the service is and spacious the tables are. Their affogato and raindrop cake draw in the customers but its their "loftteas" that keep them coming back.

I recommend the blush peach tea for a refreshing pick-me-up between writing "The" and the rest of your paper.

#SpoonTip: If you're looking for the outlets, you might want to look up because they'll be hanging from the ceiling. 

Starbucks

Jasmine Lim

Okay, I know you all must be rolling your eyes at me including the oh-too well-known coffee shop, but some of my best study sessions were done at this frequented stop for caffeine. 

Ever since high school I could not deny that Starbucks has ample amount of tables, outlets, and the ultimate power source for students' minds: caffeine. Besides, I'd be lying if I said I didn't love their peach tea lemonade and mango black tea lemonade. 

#SpoonTip: Grab a table first because it won't be there after you order.