San Francisco is home to a plethora of neighborhood bakeries with some seriously artful pastry-making skills. So if you’re looking to up your food-stagram game or venture into a new part of the city, kill two birds with one stone by stopping by these San Francisco bakeries and picking up one of these camera-ready goods.

1. A Lemon Tart from Tartine Bakery

bakeries

Photo courtesy of @tartinebakery Instagram

When life gives these bakers lemons, they transform it into a lemon tart. Paired perfectly with a cup of tea, this dainty and delicate spring treat is destined to be featured on your Insta with its edible flowers that give it the right pop of vibrant spring colors.

2. A “Rebel Within” from Craftsman and Wolves

bakeries

Photo courtesy of @breadbunnie on Instagram

In the heart of San Francisco’s Mission District, Craftsman and Wolves takes pride in their neighborhood’s funky vibe. The cleverly-titled Rebel Within takes the mundane breakfast muffin to a whole new level. What’s the secret? Baking a soft-boiled egg within the muffin. Your followers will be drooling at the sight of that yolk seeping out.

3. Thick-cut Toast from The Mill

bakeries

Photo courtesy of @themillsf on Instagram

The Mill offers breads, scones, and pastries all made in-house from start to finish (yes, including milling all the flour for their baked goods, hence the name). Their thick-cut toasts are generously smothered with anything from sweet seasonal preserves or savory cream cheese and herb blends. Order a cup of Four Barrel coffee to go with your toast for the photo ~aesthetic~.

#SpoonTip: Every Monday night from 6 to 9 pm is pizza night, but don’t forget to BYOB.

4. A Kouign Amann from B. Patisserie

bakeries

Photo courtesy of @cherryeats on Instagram

This is the closest experience to a true French Patisserie that you can get in the city, and many local social media foodies boast about their Kouign (pronounced like “Queen”) Amann. This baked beauty is layer upon layer of buttery, flaky, carb-filled heaven. There is never a wrong angle to shoot from, but be sure to get up close and personal to reveal those hidden lil’ sugar crystals.

5. A Cruffin from Mr. Holmes Bakehouse

bakeries

Photo courtesy of @theandylu on Instagram

The cruffin, San Francisco’s claim to trendy hybrid pastry fame, combines the shape of a muffin with the layered goodness of a croissant. The flavors rotate on a daily basis, so you’ll have a good reason for getting baked in San Francisco… more than once.

6. Chocolate Almond Croissant from Arsicault Bakery

bakeries

Photo courtesy of @sfgourmands on Instagram

The satisfaction that comes from pulling apart layer after layer of pure buttery goodness obviously never goes away. This creation seriously beats those sad little croissants you find in the bakery section of the dining hall before you head to your 8 am. #NoFilter needed for this morning treat.

7. Literally Any Donut from Dynamo Donut & Coffee

bakeries

Photo courtesy of @teresuch on Instagram

The photogenic qualities of these donuts gives you all the more reason to buy more than one, right? Be the envy of your gym-going friends by posting about a few of these little guys.