Sacramento is probably one of the last places you think of for your next vacation spot or your next go-to city for unique food. Visiting the city recently showed me Sac actually has some hidden gems, though. And as a bonus, you can get that perfect Instagram shot with every restaurant.

1. Bakers Donuts

Sacramento

Photo by Hana Brannigan

This extremely small, family-owned business certainly has made a name for itself. People fly in from all over the country to have their donuts. Pictured above is their Reese’s filled donut with an actual Reese’s in the center. Their other specialty donuts include Oreo mint, ube-glazed, Thai tea-glazed, and many others. The fun colors of it all definitely make Bakers Donuts worthy for your profile.

#SpoonTip: Make sure to message them your order a day in advance if you want their specialty donuts since they sell out fast.

2. Bacon & Butter

Sacramento

Photo by Hana Brannigan

When a restaurant is named after the two best food groups, it’s hard to go wrong with whatever you get from here. Actually, I’m not a huge fan of bacon, but this breakfast burger makes me think twice. Plus, just look at that #yolkporn.

3. The Waffle Experience

Sacramento

Photo by Hana Brannigan

This was quite a tasty experience for sure. Like the name of the restaurant suggests, the chefs here take you on a waffle experience you can’t quite find anywhere else. They make their waffles in-house right in front of you in an open kitchen. The dishes they serve range from sweet to savory like this Greek-inspired dish. What’s really awesome about this place too is that they offer internships to culinary students so they can get experience working the line.

4. Sunflower Drive In

Sacramento

Photo by Hana Brannigan

This neat little stand is completely vegetarian. Even though that might turn some people off, once you bite into something as delicious and flavorful like this nut burger, you won’t even miss the meat. They also have tons of vegan options that might make you consider converting. And when you post this, you can brag how you’re on track with your New Year’s goals.

5. Ice Cream Parlor Puffs

Sacramento

Photo courtesy of Paul Castro

The Ice Cream Parlor Puffs is a small parlor, but they have one of the most unique selection of flavors. From Nutella-swirled to birthday cake with chunks of cake, or this double scoop of halo halo and mint chip, it’s almost impossible to choose. They also serve ice cream-stuffed donuts if the flavors aren’t enough to convince you.

6. Hot Italian

Sacramento

Photo courtesy of @hotitalian on Instagram

If you’re from the Sacramento area, you know the obsession with Hot Italian. This isn’t any ordinary greasy pizza joint. They offer dozens of high-quality, gourmet pizzas ranging from traditional pizzas to seasonal pizzas to dessert pizzas. Also available are salads, gelato, calzones, mac n’ cheese, and paninis. Basically a dish for anyone, and loads of options for that perfect Instagram shot.

7. Eatuscany

Sacramento

Photo courtesy of eatuscanycaffe.com

This cute cafe is perfect if you want dinner and dessert. Although they’re known mostly for their gelato, they do serve other savory dishes such as pizza, pasta, and paninis. Plus, the lighting is amazing, and all the tables are white. Everything about Eatuscany just screams Insta-worthy.