New Jersey is the home of the pork roll, tomatoes, and sweet corn. While this is true, NJ is way more than just that. New restaurants and establishments have been popping up all over New Jersey, making the Garden State a must visit for any foodie. Listed below are seven restaurants that prove New Jersey is the perfect place for foodies.

1. Playa Bowls

Known as New Jersey's first Açaí shop, Playa Bowls sells specialty açaí, pitaya, coconut, and kale bowls. Each bowl is topped with their special granola, a myriad of fresh fruit, and peanut butter, Nutella, or honey. My favorite is the Green Power, which is blended kale, banana, pineapple, and coconut milk, topped with banana, organic granola, and almond butter.

2. Bagel Nook

Located in Freehold, New Jersey, Bagel Nook quickly became Instagram famous because of their outrageous "Overload Bagels". Their most well known item is the Oreo Overload, which is an Oreo bagel (yes, it is as amazing as it sounds), stuffed with Oreo cream cheese and whole oreos. Other fantastic creations include their Dorito and Flaming Hot Cheetos Bagels, both of which gained Internet fame. The Bagel Nook has no shortage of sweet and savory cream cheese flavors, ranging from crumb cake and chocolate fudge brownie to ghost pepper and Cool Ranch cream cheese.

3. Brother Bruno's Pizza, Deli, and Bagels

While Brother Bruno's in Wayne, NJ makes delicious sandwiches and Italian classics, they are known for their outrageous dessert pizzas. With flavors like Nutella peanut butter, red velvet, and cannoli, how could you go wrong? Some of their dessert pizzas are even made with sweet toppings stuffed into the crust, making for the perfect bite.

4. Broad Street Dough Co.

If you like over the top doughnuts, BSDC is the place to be. Located in Oakhurst, New Jersey, this shop is making donuts filled and topped with everything imaginable. From freshly made cookies and cream mousse and cannoli cream to peanut butter and Nutella, these doughnuts will send you into a sugar coma (in a good way, of course).

5. Coney Waffle

With their original location in Belmar, New Jersey, Coney Waffles has been serving up beach goers with out-of-this-world treats since 1946. Coney Waffles sells giant freak shakes, freshly made waffles stuffed with cannoli cream, and ice cream cones piled three scoops high. People line out the door to try these sweet treats, and for good reason. Nobody can resist a thick, creamy, milkshake topped with mounds of candy, chocolate, and baked goods.

6. Hoffman's Ice Cream

Hoffman's Ice Cream is known for their high quality ice cream that is made in-house at their Point Pleasant location. Delicious and flavorful ice cream bases are loaded with amazing mix-ins, including cookie dough and chocolate covered peanuts. Everything here is mouthwatering, so don't be afraid to try something different. Their Jersey Monkey flavor is outstanding, which is banana ice cream with a peanut butter swirl and chocolate chips.

7. RU Hungry?

Famous for their "Fat Sandwiches", RU Hungry? is located on the Rutgers University campus in New Brunswick, NJ. This Rutgers institution cooks up larger-than-life sandwiches stuffed to the brim with things like mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers, and french fries (all part of a balanced diet).

7. Brownstone Pancake Factory

If you're looking for an indulgent brunch spot, Brownstone Pancake Factory in Edgewater, NJ will do the trick. They make pancakes filled with super sweet toppings such as peanut putter chips and Oreos. Some of their most popular pancakes are the PB&J Pancakes and the Salted Caramel Pretzel Pancakes. I dare you to look through their Instagram and try not to drool.

New Jersey is a unique state, filled with great food at every corner. Branch out from the standard pork roll and you won't be disappointed. The places listed above, along with hundreds of other hidden gems, are what make NJ's food scene hard to beat.