Whenever Mother's Day comes around, it's always difficult deciding how to celebrate with the woman who raised you. There's so many restaurants to choose for Mothers' Day and you want your mom to have the best Mother's Day ever. Lucky for you, here is a list of food places or restaurants in New York City to check out and show your mom, or really anyone, your love and appreciation

1. Serendipity 3

Frozen Hot Chocolate from Serendipity 3 - DC

m01229 on Flickr

Serendipity 3, comfortably located in the Upper East Side, is a must visit on your bucket list of restaurants to choose for Mother's Day. This restaurant is filled with incredible food and amazing desserts, such as the well-known Frozen Hot Chocolate and other sweets. This crazy, comfy, and cool place will give you and your mom a great experience of filling yourselves with rich desserts. 

Spoon Tip: It's difficult to get a spot, so you must make a reservation

2. Sanctuary T 

If your mother wants a more calm and laid-back environment, Sanctuary T in Soho is perfect for brunch because breakfast is served all day. In addition to the delicious breakfast foods, Sanctuary T is also known for its great variety of interesting specialty teas and tea infused cocktails. You have a ton of yummy options to choose from such as Tiramisu Rooibos tea, Fairy Godmother, and more. 

3. Koneko Café

coffee, tea, chocolate, cake
Auchal Azad

Unless you or your mom has cat allergies, you need to come to Koneko Cat Café. You play with cats, drink coffee, and eat snacks. 'Nuff said.

4. Veniero's 

Veniero's, the ultimate Italian bakery and café in Lower East Side Manhattan, is a great place for you and your loved one to sit, have a cup of coffee, and nosh on a variety of fresh pastries such as cannoli, cheesecakes, eclairs, tarts, and more. There's something for everyone to enjoy. 

5. Max Brenner 

If you and your mom are chocoholics, Max Brenner is the place to splurge on yummy food and chocolate-themed dishes such as chocolate pizzas, fondue, and cakes. And if that's not enough chocolate for you, you can purchase your own chocolate experience by buying gifts in the Chocolate Shop. Had enough of chocolate yet?  

6. Spot Dessert Bar

Many know  St. Marks Place as the neighborhood for trendy and popular food places, so it's no surprise that Spot Dessert Bar is also located there. This delightful little gem offers bubble tea, macarons, and seasonal dessert tapas everyone will enjoy. I personally recommend ordering The Harvest which is a layer of berries, raspberry sorbet, and cheesecake covered with Oreo crumbs and placed in a pot to look like a plant. 

7. Smorgasburg 

cheese, bacon, lettuce, chicken
Sunny Tang

For all those foodie mother and daughter duos out there, there are plenty of food vendors available for Mother's Day in Smorgasburg. This fun food festival provides a variety of different cuisines and unique foods to try such as the new spaghetti donut and the infamous ramen burger. Here, you and your mother can eat to your hearts' content while enjoying the warm sunshine in either Williamsburg or Prospect Park. 

Giving your momma a Mother's Day she'll never forget is always difficult. However, you can never go wrong with food when thinking of gifts as there is an endless amount of restaurants to choose for Mother's Day in NYC. And even if it's not a Mother's Day celebration, you should always go out to find new food places with your mom to spend some quality time and eat good food together.