So you've come here to find some amazing restaurants on the Green Line. Perhaps you're looking for a cool place to hang out with friends or a good date place to show that you might care about food. Who knows? Either way, I've got you covered. 

Ngon Vietnamese Bistro

potato
Henry Nieberg

Even though the food’s a little pricey, this place is off the charts. When you walk in, the ambiance should be enough to have you enamored— the low-lit lights, bartenders with mustaches playing vinyl, or even the dark wooden tables. These guys have Banh Mi specials during lunch that have French twists, most notably with fried eggs on top. The pho is some of the best I’ve had in the Twin Cities, and the restaurant is literally across the street from the Green Line light rail station. 

tea, wine, beer
Henry Nieberg

On's Thai Kitchen

chicken, soup
Henry Nieberg

This place has got to be “ON” top. This place has the best Thai food in all of the Twin Cities. To top it off even more, it’s at one of the most accessible places in all of Minneapolis and St. Paul, at the intersection of Snelling Ave. and University Ave.

If you are still alive after realizing you’ve tasted heaven, you’ll order at least three Thai iced coffees (with condensed milk, of course). Since On’s is one of the only restaurants I’ve encountered in the Twin Cities with considerable spice, I recommend getting some dishes that really complement the flavors. Personal favorites have to go to the Tom Yum soup and the pineapple fried rice (And don't forget to make them spicy!)

avocado, tuna, crab, rice, sushi, shrimp, spring rolls
Henry Nieberg

Big Daddy's BBQ

tea, chocolate
Henry Nieberg

You are what you eat, and trust me, you’ll end up walking out of here as a “big daddy.” Forget the Famous Dave’s restaurant chains. If you want affordable, accessible, and simply delicious bbq, you’ll be coming to Big Daddy's in a heartbeat. I personally recommend the ribs, but you can’t go wrong with anything on the menu. 

Naf Naf Grill

chicken
Henry Nieberg

Are you a fan of warm toasted pita stuffed with ingredients that are farm to table fresh? Naf Naf Grill has got you covered. Located in the heart of the U of Minnesota, Twin Cities campus, this restaurant offers huge portions, fresh ingredients, and the greatest chips ever.

Fasika

rice
Henry Nieberg

A local Macalester student favorite, Fasika offers flavorful and affordable authentic Ethiopian food. The restaurant is very accommodating for anyone with dietary restrictions, but can't go wrong with any of their meat dishes as well. Also, who can’t stop eating their injera?

Turf Club

chicken, sandwich
Henry Nieberg

One of the last remaining historic music clubs in the Twin Cities, this place offers great music, artwork, and oh ya, the food. The burgers are just good burgers, there’s nothing more to it. Turf Club doesn’t try to make something fancy or different; they just use great ingredients to make a great burger.

For appetizers, these guys hook it up with classic Midwestern dishes (tater tots, cheese curds, etc.), but you must try the soft pretzels. The pretzels aren’t bad, but the spicy mustard will give your life more meaning than ever.

cheese, bacon, pretzel, chili
Henry Nieberg