Everyone needs a cup of joe before class, but if you want to add a healthy twist to your coffee, I've got you covered. I found seven lattes that are not only delicious, but also made with natural herbs and spices to give you ideal nutrition and an energy boost, yet are still scrumptious enough for you to say: "I like you a latte".  

1. Beet Latte

The beet latte at Bluestone Lane is a delicacy. It has the perfect balance of coffee and "superfood," making the combination of the two strong flavors something you can't beet

2. Matcha Latte 

The matcha craze seems never ending, so the quintessential matcha latte from Matcha Cafe Wabi had to be part of the list. Their drink of the month is a vegan matcha latte — a real treat!

3. Turmeric Latte 

The turmeric latte is making its way around shops galore, but I recommend the ones found at Bluestone Lane and Le pain Quotidien.  Not only does turmeric have over a dozen health benefits, but the sweetness of the spice counters the sharpness of the coffee, producing a latte that you're definitely going to love. 

4. Chai Latte 

sweet, chocolate, espresso, cappuccino, cream, milk, coffee
Liz Margaretha

Mille Feuille is a hidden gem near NYU that is famous for it's exquisite pastries. But, their chai latte is what sets it apart since they use Katsumi tea bags instead of the generic powder. This blend of tea with your choice of milk creates a drink which is soothing, refreshing, and divine, especially when topped off with a dash of cinnamon. 

#SpoonTip: The macaroons are also a must do. 

5. Lavender Matcha Latte 

green tea, matcha, dairy product, cream, melokhia, herb, vegetable, soup, tea
Liz Margaretha

The lavender matcha latte from Union Fare Bakery is one of a kind, with the delectable yet subtle taste of lavender giving the mundane matcha an added floral twist. Check out the cream-filled croissants, too — they're a match(a) made in heaven. 

6. Maté Laté

coffee, cinnamon, milk
Liz Margaretha

This beverage from Argo Tea is a shout out to the non-coffee enthusiasts. They use roasted Brazilian Maté tea with a hint of cocoa, toasted almonds, and a dollop of cream for the finishing touch (health freaks may skip the cream). You can even have it iced in the summer months. 

7. White Mocha Latte 

The standard matcha latte and soft serve at Cha Cha Matcha are great, but its off-menu white mocha latte is a true winner. Though it might not be the healthiest option, it's a secret, which makes this a must-have.

Now that you have your caffeine fix, you can 'cha cha' away to class and enjoy!