There are many people who have to live a lifestyle free of gluten due to intolerances and allergies. It can sometimes be very difficult for these people to find restaurants that offer meals compatible with their health needs. Here in West Chester, many stores are opening their minds to the gluten-free lifestyle. Here are just a few to try out.

1. The Couch Tomato

gluten free

Photo courtesy of tripadvisor.com

The Couch Tomato prides itself on using the best ingredients to make some of the most natural, healthy meals in all of West Chester. They also offer many gluten-free alternatives on their menu, and recently won an award for the “Best Gluten Free Pizza” by philly.com.

2. iPasta

gluten free

Photo courtesy of tripadvisor.com

The pasta lover’s dream restaurant. Every single pasta dish can be served on gluten-free pasta, and for those who maybe don’t like pasta, there are rice and vegetable dishes to choose from instead.

3. Iron Hill Brewery

gluten free

Photo courtesy of mainlinenightlife.com

Iron Hill not only offers an adult gluten-free menu, they also provide a children’s menu with GF options. From stroganoff to burgers for the adults and barbecue chicken or shrimp for the kiddos, there are a lot of gluten-free options for diners at Iron Hill – as well as plenty of desserts.

4. Brother’s Pizza & Pasta

gluten free

Photo courtesy of originalbrotherspizza.com

Brother’s Pizza and Pasta is the go-to place for specialty pizzas, all of which can be served up on a gluten-free crust. Additionally, they have many different gourmet salads and soups that are safe for gluten-free guests to enjoy.

5. Mumbai Bistro

gluten free

Photo courtesy of westchester.thetowndish.com

For gluten-free Indian cuisine, Mumbai Bistro is the place to go. They not only offer gluten free options, but also lactose free meals for those with other types of health needs. Plus, if you don’t feel like dining in, Mumbai Bistro does takeout.

6. Side Bar and Restaurant

gluten free

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Side Bar and Restaurant offers many different menus – lunch, dinner, late night, and Sunday brunch. Each one of these menus features GF choices, from full course meals to finger foods. You can also count of Side Bar and Restaurant to have its flourless cake for dessert, no matter what time you are dining there.

7. Sweet Christine’s Gluten Free Bakery

gluten free

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Finally, about a 20 minute drive from West Chester’s campus is Sweet Christine’s Gluten Free Bakery. This place is for any GF sweet tooth – they make all kinds of sweet treats as well as breads. Also, they ship their products nationwide, so you don’t even have to drive to Kennett Square to get it!

No matter what kind of GF food you’re looking for, West Chester offers plenty of yummy options and tasty treats to try and enjoy.