Boston is definitely a foodie city, but people often forget that its surrounding suburbs also have some pretty delicious spots. I mean, as high school kids, where were we supposed to go after sports practice or on the weekends to chow down? (Hint: we were supposed to go to these bomb places). When looking for a tasty bite in the Boston suburbs, you can always count on these quintessential spots to help satisfy your suburban hunger.

1. Linden Deli (Wellesley, MA)

Boston Suburbs

Photo courtesy of @thankyouverymunch on Instagram

Zingerman’s imma let you finish, but Linden has some of the best sandwiches of all time. Popular sandwiches include the Thanksgiving, the Abby Rose, and my favorite, the Isabella, consisting of prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and fresh basil – all drizzled in olive oil.

2. Sweet Tomatoes (Newton Centre, MA)

Boston Suburbs

Photo courtesty of @nickohlassss on Instagram

Sweet Tomatoes boasts delicious thin crust pizzas. Their oil-free dough and replacement of generic tomato sauce with chopped tomatoes are what make it so good. I often go with a simple broccoli pizza, and let me tell you, vegetables have never tasted this great.

3. Squeezed Juice Bar (Chestnut Hill, MA)

Boston Suburbs

Photo by Claudia Haimovici

I often go here for a post-workout recovery snack. Their yummy açaí bowls boast nutritious ingredients like kale and almond butter, and they have unreal smoothies. My personal favorite is the Green Monsta, which consists of strawberry, banana, baby spinach, parsley, agave, and almond milk… mmm.

4. In a Pickle (Waltham, MA)

Boston Suburbs

Photo courtesy of @inapicklerestaurant on Instagram

This is a tasty breakfast place where you can get eggs, pancakes, waffles, and french toast any way. When I say any way, I really mean it. In a Pickle is famous for the crazy pancakes they make, including variations like cookies & cream, cookie dough, and M&M.

5. Truly Yogurt (Wellesley, MA)

Boston Suburbs

Photo courtesy of @foodiesofboston on Instagram

The Boston suburbs may have good chain ice cream/frozen yogurt spots, but Truly’s is unreal and one-of-a-kind. Their generous servings and their variety of flavors, which include black raspberry, oatmeal cookie, and Nutella, always do the job.

6. Cheryl Anns’ Bakery (Brookline, MA)

Boston Suburbs

Photo courtesy of @foodiecation on Instagram

Cheryl Anns’ Bakery is a staple in the Boston Jewish community. Their rugelach, chocolate babka, and eggy, doughy, sweet challah are the best I’ve ever had. However, you definitely don’t have to be Jewish to appreciate their delightful treats. In addition to their traditionally Jewish desserts, they also make sweet cookies and cakes.

7. Sweetgreen (Chestnut Hill, MA)

Boston Suburbs

Courtesy of @emma.sassaman on Instagram

When you’ve had too many sandwiches and one too many slices of pizza and want to cut back on the carbs, this is your spot. Salads include Make Your Own, Kale Caesar, and Guacamole Greens. My go-to is the Kale Caesar with pesto dressing, but with so many healthy options, you really can’t go wrong.

Honestly, I’m practically drooling just daydreaming of all of these amazing food options. After trying these local spots, I just know you’ll be rushing outbound on the Green Line to have these delectable treats once more. Suburban life is the good life, especially when it includes places like these.