Ever since I turned 21, I learned going to the bar can be expensive. You go in thinking "I'll only spend $20 bucks," but by the end of the night, your wallet is completely empty and you cringe as you check your bank account balance. Fortunately, I go to a school where we have some of the best food and happy hour deals around. Happy Hour is the best way to save money and still have a good time. I mean, who doesn't like half-priced drinks? You can end the evening feeling good that you actually only spent $20, but you got four drinks instead of two. If you're in the 21 club, make sure to check out one of these happy hour deals in Fairfield. 

1. Flipside Burger and Bar 

There's probably no restaurant more famous for its happy hour in Fairfield than Flipside. Offering the best burgers and fries around, they know how to do happy hour the right way. Happy Hour is Monday through Saturday, from 3-6 pm. They offer a few speciality apps including pulled pork tacos and fried calamari at a whopping price of $3-$4 each. They also feature their traditional burgers in slider form for around $5-$7. Besides the food, Flipside is known for its awesome drinks. You can get some drinks for half price during happy hour, like their margaritas. 

2. Bodega Taco Bar

There really is no better combination than tacos and margaritas. At Bodega, Happy Hour is weekdays: Monday from 4-11 pm, and Tuesday through Friday from 4-6 pm. Here you can get drinks for $3-$6, like their Bodega Surprise or the Daily Cocktail. They also feature a few bar bites, all $6 or less. If you're looking to ball on a budget, this is the place for you. 

3. Old Post Tavern 

If you're looking for more of a classy vibe to bring your date, Old Post is the place to be for Happy Hour. Popular among Fairfield students, OPT is known for their "buy one, get one drinks" on all house wines, draft and bottled beer, and house liquor. I mean come on, what better deal can you get than that? Happy Hour at OPT is daily from 3-6 pm, so grab the squad and head on down. 

4. Geronimo's 

Geronimo's has the largest tequila selection on the East Coast, so obviously, this is the spot to get a margarita. You can grab a house margarita or a glass of any house wine for $5. Make sure to grab an app while you're at it, like their chicken quesadilla for $4 or their infamous Frito Pie!!! for $5. 

5. Craft 260

Craft 260 is relatively new to Fairfield students, but they offer great American comfort food and have one of the best happy hour deals in Fairfield. Get your drink on with $2 off draught beers, $5 well drinks, and $8 craft cocktails. You can also chow down on some of their appetizers ranging from $4-$8. I can't think of anything better than wings and a beer for under $10! So, make sure to stop in between 3:30 and 6:30 pm Monday through Friday (or until close on Wednesdays) next time you're in town. 

6. Brick + Wood

One of the favorite restaurants among Fairfield students, Brick + Wood has Happy Hour Tuesday through Friday from 4-6 pm. Specials include $5 street food, $6 craft beers, $7 wines, and $10 specialty drinks. Enjoy a cocktail and one of their amazing appetizers on a budget!

7. Local Kitchen & Craft Bar 

With $4 draught beers, house wines, and well drinks, you're going to want to become a regular at this local Fairfield joint. And with over 30 beers on tap, Local is a popular bar for Fairfield students. It's the perfect place to hang with your squad or bring your family. Plus, they offer $5 small plates like their mac n' cheese and pulled pork sliders to make this happy hour deal even better. If you really want to turn up, make sure to go on Monday when it's $3 Craft Draft Monday from 3 pm until close. 

So if you're a student or just find yourself in Fairfield, CT, save your money and enjoy your time with your friends by checking out one of these restaurants for happy hour. Cheers!