Just as King Ramses the Great showed his devotion to his beloved Queen Nefetari with monuments and poetry, the owners and staff of this restaurant wish to provide you with a total royal experience. Here are 6 ways Nefetari’s will give you a regal adventure suited for the history books.

1. It offers service worthy of queens and kings

ways

Photo by Haley Greco

Serving you with the utmost attention, Nefetari’s provides a menu of high quality foods and accommodates for such dietary restrictions such as vegetarianism. The owners, Dr. and Mrs. Dennard, say “We want our customers to feel like a royal chariot could come pick them up when they are ready to leave.”Without a doubt, you feel like you’re no longer in Tally, but dining in an Egyptian palace while surrounded by vibrant colors, elegant décor, and cultural cuisine.

2. It serves African & Caribbean style food

ways

Photo by Haley Greco

Everything about this place is unique. From the atmosphere, to the drinks, to food (like the Ethiopian Stew Platter (above) and Greek Red Snapper), you’ll feel like you’ve traveled across the world in a single moment. So go ahead and applaud Dr. Dennard for building a Tardis to Egypt and providing a cultural experience without the airfare or miles. Tally should be proud.

3. It’s an exotic date spot

ways

Photo by Haley Greco

Although this place is family-friendly, it provides a private dining area called the Lotus Room for couples or anyone who wants a more secluded and quiet experience. If you request this location, you will appreciate the upscale decor and reserved environment while still enjoying the soft music of the live band playing in the main hub of the restaurant.

4. It offers vegetarian dishes

ways

Photo by Haley Greco

After becoming a vegetarian in 1975, Dr. Dennard had to learn to cook for himself. Since Chinese and Indian restaurants were some of the only places that suited his lifestyle, he adopted those ethnic cooking practices and incorporated them into Nefetari’s dishes, like the Buddha’s Delight (above). Because of the menu’s extreme variety, both vegetarians and meat-lovers can be served and satisfied alike.

5. Local bands play live music during dinner

ways

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

Although the band, “Sirius,” is the go-to group for the restaurant, a few other independent artists also play. Usually, the sounds are a mixture of folk, jazz and reggae, which suits the rich and royal environment perfectly. You should also know that Dr. Dennard is not only a businessman and chef, but also a professor of Psychology, an artist, and a musician. Some of the music he produces is even showcased in his restaurant.

6. They host special events

ways

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

Every first Monday of the month, Nefetari’s provides a professional business social, “Networking with Neighbors, from 5-8pm, while every second Monday, it hosts an art show and auction. Every third Monday, from 5-7, it highlights health with a “Health & Wellness Seminar.” Every fourth Monday it’s “Movie Monday” and Nefetari’s showcases an independent film. If that wasn’t enough, Nefetari’s also hosts a wine tasting event every Wednesday from 5-8pm.

And I should also mention that this place hosts a Mystery Dinner twice a year! On March 19, 2016, the theme will be “A Masquerade Affair.” Reserve your spot now for a 6-course meal and a prize (if you win).