Giant turkey legs, refreshing Dole whip, overpriced churros – at Disneyland, you've had it all. You want to try something different at Disney Parks but don't want basic chicken fingers and popcorn – you want quality, GOOD food.

Luckily for you, Disney's endless creativity offers more than just stereotypical theme park foods – you just need to know where to look. (And reading this article will save yourself the research!)

1. Chicken-Fried Chicken

chicken, gravy, sauce
Lily Hoang

Step aside, Plaza Inn fried chicken. Carnation Cafe on Main Street serves one of Walt Disney's favorites: chicken-fried chicken! Smothered in country gravy, this entreé is accompanied by mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, and a delicious bread roll. The country gravy is ADDICTING – I always order an extra side of gravy (as pictured above). The portion doesn't look like much, but the quality is unmatched and worth the wait.

2. Bacon Mac n' Cheese Bread Cone

Tucked away in Cozy Cone Motel, this bread cone contains delicious mac n' cheese topped with crispy bacon bits! Usually I grab one and hop in line for Radiator Springs Racers – the line becomes a little less tedious. It works great for a light meal and there is minimal spillage.

3. Carnitas Nachos

This secret menu item is sure to fill you up! Carnitas nachos combines ingredients from on-menu entreés and are a great snack break during a busy park day. White Water Snacks is just steps away from California Adventure! Escape the crowd and get your grub on.

4. Seasonal Beignets

Beignets are a classic and offered year-round, but Disneyland has a seasonal twist. Two different flavors are offered for special holidays: pumpkin beignets are available during Halloween-time, and candy cane beignets are offered during Christmas season. These seasonal beignets are a must-try.

5. Peppermint Ice Cream

Peppermint ice cream is my personal favorite during the holidays. Served in a crushed candy cane waffle cone, it's a perfect snack to take with you as you stroll around the park and enjoy the seasonal decorations – I highly recommend catching A Christmas Fantasy Parade! You can find this refreshing dessert at both parks: Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor or Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream.

6. Cotton Candy Lemonade

If you're the only person in your group under 21 at Cove Bar, you're in luck. Order the cotton candy lemonade – it's sweet, and looks just like a fruity cocktail so you won't feel left out. How do you enjoy it? Pop a piece of cotton candy in your mouth, and take a sip.

Now, hopefully you have at least six new foods you want to try on your next visit! Disneyland is always looking for new ways to keep their theme parks interesting, even with food. This keeps frequent visitors (like me) coming back for more. There's always something new to try at the parks, especially with seasonal events.

Want to discover more Disneyland food and the surrounding Southern California area? Check out @tableforlily, my food Instagram, for more!