I love W. E. B. DuBois Library just as much as the next gal, but sometimes I get a little sick of the atmosphere. If you’re lucky enough to have access to a car or if you’re really handy with the Bus Tracker app, then you can totally break out of your usual study rut and try your luck in a new study space. It’s amazing how much you can get done in a new environment surrounded by people who are actually over the age of 22. Check out some of these locations and see just how well you can actually memorize those notecards!

1. Haymarket Café

study

Photo courtesy of haymarketcafe.com

I found this amazing spot by accident – the door is almost too small to notice! When you walk in you are greeted by a stunning interior and friendly staff. After finding your perfect spot, you can indulge in some fresh pressed juice, piping coffee, or decadent bakery items. If you can stay for lunch, grab a friend and head downstairs to their delicious eatery! (After typing up your final paper, of course.)

2. The Montague Bookmill

study

Photo courtesy of Connor Spach on amherstwire.com

If you’re up for a bit of a drive, this hidden gem is totally worth it. It boasts the clever slogan “Books you don’t need in a place you can’t find!” The old structure holds so much character, not to mention an incredible selection of used books, a serene view of the mill, and a quaint café to satisfy those incessant study cravings. Come soak up the incredible history of this destination as you do the same with your chemistry notes.

3. Robert Frost Library at Amherst College

study

Photo courtesy of midcenturymundane.wordpress.com

Yes, I’m absolutely suggesting that you enter enemy territory, just don’t wear any UMass gear. I started doing work with my calculus tutor here, and I quickly realized how great of a local resource this is. While it is still a college library, there are so many new favorite chairs and favorite floors to discover. Complete with a café counter reminiscent of the Procrastination Station and a sweeping view of their quad, you will have those anatomy diagrams memorized in no time!

4. Amherst Coffee

study

Photo courtesy of Zachary Macias on amherstwire.com

Amherst center (thankfully) has no shortage of coffee shops, but this one is right in the heart of the action. Inside you can treat yo’ self to any of their coffee, tea, and espresso options while you struggle to grasp Orgo. If you’re 21 or over, their full bar can keep you brain rolling after its 3:00 opening. You’ll feel like a total townie and scholar at the same time.

5. Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters

study

Photo courtesy of Jenn Campus on yumqueen.com

Believe me when I tell you I have tried my fair share of coffee, but this place absolutely takes the cake as my favorite brand. There menu is extensive and delicious, which makes a perfect pair for their ample study spaces. With 6 local locations, its hard not to make this a stop on your finals bucket list.

6. The Roost

study

Photo courtesy of Matthew Wright on bubgourmand.com

Keep your eyes peeled for the rustic wood exterior of The Roost right in Northampton Center. Their wait staff has time and time again been praised as one of the nicest and most helpful around. An extensive menu will keep you coming back for more – and you may very well need more then one trip to this study spot if you’re hoping to ace your physics final.