One of the best parts of your parents coming to visit it getting taken out to eat. Here in Hartford we have tons of restaurants so the hardest part is coming up with somewhere to go. These six options are great places to have your parent’s spring for when they’re in town.

1. Grants Restaurant and Bar 

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of @hungryhungrycharlotte on Instagram

Right in West Hartford is a classic place to go with mom and dad. They use local ingredients to create unique spins on classic American dishes. Their rolls have a sprinkle of salt and are amazing, definitely worth every bite. It has a nice atmosphere and has outdoor seating in the fall and spring.

2. Salute 

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of salutehartford.com

A solid Italian option just a few minutes from campus. They have all of your traditional Italian options, the chicken parm is amazing, and also have some more innovative Chef’s options. The linguine and homemade meatballs are definitely worth checking out as well.

3. Firebox

Restaurants

Photo by Annabel Stanley

If you are looking for great local food that also gives back this is the place. Firebox’s profits are used to give back to the Billings Forge Community Works, right here in Hartford. The menu is very unique, so it is a great spot to go and try something new. The menu changes frequently as they use local ingredients so it is a good spot to go back to again and again.

4. Besito Mexican

Restaurants

Photo by Betsy Craig

If you are ever looking for a great place to get Mexican food stop right here. They make the guacamole tableside and is outstanding. The drink menu is extensive and the margaritas are to die for. They have all of your classic Mexican foods. It is usually pretty busy so it can be a little noisy, perfect if you don’t want you parents to know exactly how that last midterm went…

5. Capital Grille

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of @churrascada on Instagram

A bit of a splurge dinner perfect for a parent’s weekend. They have everything catering to the carnivores in your family. A good spot to go for a big dinner to celebrate that new internship or a birthday meal.

6. First and Last Cafe

Restaurants

Photo courtesy of firstandlastbakery.com

A great stop when you don’t have a lot of time but want to get off campus for something tasty. They have great breakfast scrambles, sandwiches, and bakery items. It’s more casual so a great spot to go catch up and relax. The First and Last Tavern is also across the street offering more entrée type meals, and great pizza.