Shopping at Whole Foods Market in Charlottesville is always a pleasant experience, but there’s so much more going on behind the scenes that you probably don’t know. Now, the veil is coming off.

First off, I bet you didn’t know that Whole Foods offers a ton of free in-store events every month. Every department is strategically equip with experts who are eager to answer your questions and better your shopping experience. Not only are they present at all these awesome free events, but they’re always around to cater to your needs. Hard to find another grocery store with that level of customer commitment.

This guide will open your eyes, but more importantly, your stomach, to the many perks of Whole Foods. I promise your time spent at Whole Foods Market will never be the same.

Here’s what you’ve been missing:

1. Omelettes AND Belgian Waffles for about $5

For those lazy Sunday mornings when cooking eggs seems too tiring and the thought of waiting to be served at a restaurant is unbearable, stop by WFM. Whole Foods’ custom omelette and waffle bar is open every Saturday and Sunday from 8 am-11 am. It’s the perfect morning hangover food whether you’re craving sweet or savory.

Charlottesville

Photo by Juliet Paterek

The pop-up bar offers a wide variety of ingredients. Omelettes can be made with whole eggs or just the whites and veggies offered include spinach, red onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, tomato, green onion and basil. Don’t forget to get to add some cheesy goodness. Options include cheddar, feta, fresh mozzarella and Swiss. And if you’re really feeling meaty, throw in some ham, sausage, chicken or bacon.

Charlottesville

Photo by Juliet Paterek

Waffles can be made with buttermilk or whole wheat vegan. Fruit includes strawberries, bananas and seasonal berries. You can also sweeten it up with whipped cream, maple syrup, agave syrup, chocolate chips, pecans, cinnamon or butter.

Charlottesville

Photo by Juliet Paterek

Upon receiving your tray, you have the option to to fill up your sides with more food from WFM’s breakfast bar. You pay $7.99 per pound, but an average omelette or waffle is usually around $5. At times, this price can be higher or lower depending on how it’s made as well as whether or not you decide to add more to your plate.

Charlottesville

Photo by Juliet Paterek

2. Free Cooking Classes

WFM offers free cooking classes throughout the year and everyone, especially college students on a budget, should take advantage of this opportunity. As the old adage has it, “The way to any heart is through the stomach.” And what’s better than a candlelit dinner for two in your own home or apartment? You’re right, nothing. WFM is offering a wonderful evening of dining to help you impress your friends and loved ones.

3. Monthly Cheese Nights

Charlottesville’s WFM frequently has cheese nights where people can learn from the infamous WFM cheese experts. These cheese connoisseurs will teach you how to impress your family and friends with a delicious cheese plate. Check out my own personal discovery of what the cheese aisle has to offer here.

Charlottesville

Photo by Juliet Paterek

4. Buy In Bulk Or Do Just The Opposite

At WFM, you can buy rice, grains, flours, pasta, nuts, trail mixes and more. Not all WFM have a section for bulk herbs, spices, salts and peppercorns, but fortunately Charlottesville’s WFM does. This awesome section not only allows customers to buy as little or as much as they need, but it also allows them to experiment with recipes that call for uncommon herbs. Let’s be real, most people do not need an entire container of coriander lying around their house.

Charlottesville

Photo by Juliet Paterek

5. Grind Your Own Peanut Butter

Ever since I was child, my favorite thing to do at WFM was to grind my own peanut butter. Whether it was the all natural PB for my dad or the honey roasted PB to satisfy my sweet tooth, I always found the DIY process thrilling. WFM also offers cashew butter and almond butter if you want to take a break from peanuts, both of which I highly recommend. If you are feeling adventurous, check out 10 things you can do with PB.

Charlottesville

Photo by Juliet Paterek

Check out these other related articles:

Thank you to Whole Foods Market for being a proud Spoon sponsor.