I’m almost as lucky as this year’s lotto winners because I ate at Wesleyan’s newest pop-in restaurant, Red Wolf, on its opening night, free. The founders, Abby Grupusso and Wolfgang Chevene, share the applause for both cooking and serving meals to whomever can spare quality time in their senior home, but only during THIS SEMESTER! That being said, both entreprenuers have the cooking skills to head to awesome places in the food business, and it’d be selfish not to share their creative culinary with hungry students on campus.

Red Wolf opens on Tuesday nights and serves dinner at a table for 6 guests. They do not cater to dietary restrictions, so be aware before you reserve a seat that’s filling up as you read. If you’re lucky enough to be on the waitlist and are pumped about going, these are 5 things to expect as you walk into the dining room on 24 Fountain Street.

Photo by Kim Pham

1. The room is fully decorated, with an impressive bottle collection; the table setting incorporates red element, which echoes with the name Red Wolf. There won’t be awkward silence because there’s classic soul music roaming in the background. It’s a great opportunity to meet new people, if you didn’t reserve a table with friends.

Photo by Kim Pham

2. You’re in for a surprise but not exactly because the 3-course dinner is written on a piece of paper for your mind’s wishful thinking. Displayed in text are a variety of foods, and there’s a good chance you’ll like something, if not everything.

Photo by Kim Pham

Photo by Kim Pham

3. Everything seems new and lovely, so you’re just standing there until Abby encourages you to sit down at the table while she puts down the appetizers. Actual eating begins here!

Photo by Kim Pham

3. Plates will be cleared from the table as you move onto the main entrée. Your friends will wonder where you’re at because your snapchat is blowing up with food that’s still steaming from the kitchen.

Photo by Kim Pham

4. After a dessert, the night will come to a full circle after eating, chatting, and laughing. Anecdotes told during the meal will stick, and you are leaving wondering if it’s true that Obama was just a backup speaker for the ’08 commencement.

5. Opening up Red Wolf, for Abby and Wolfgang, is to share their wholehearted passion for food with others. Therefore, the business is not up for profit, and the bill is split with people who come. Your cost equals theirs. How great is that?

Check out their Facebook page here!