Do you ever just feel like you need a tub of ice cream in your life? The majority of the time, Ben and Jerry’s does the trick; but sometimes I get in the mood to drive to a local ice cream place, order two scoops of unique flavors and load my cone up with toppings galore. If you happen to travel to Tucson or are lucky enough to attend school here, you have to try these five ice cream places before you go.

1. HUB Ice Cream Factory

ice cream

Photo courtesy of HUB Ice Cream Factory

After you devour that burger and fries from the Hub Restaurant across the street, you’re going to wish you saved room for this delicious, home-made ice cream. You could be boring and get two scoops of chocolate and vanilla, or you could be fancy and get a Choco Taco or the Original Hub Fudge Signature Sundae.

2. Frost Gelato

ice cream

Photo by Stefanie Blumer

Located in La Encantada, be sure to try a sample of each flavor because the gelato is out of this world. You might as well not count calories when eating dessert, but if you’re into that kind of thing, then gelato is about half the calories than actual ice cream. Now, you don’t have to feel as guilty for eating something so delicious.

3. Sullivan’s Eatery and Creamery

ice cream

Photo Courtesy of Catherine Pena

I have never seen a menu like this one before. There are sundaes galore and it’s only minutes from campus!

4. Cold Stone Creamery

ice cream

Photo courtesy of Cold Stone Creamery

Although you can find it on any corner, why wouldn’t you want your toppings mixed in and prepared on an ice cold stone? Seriously, it’s rich and creamy and you can’t go wrong, but you have to go big or go home.

5. Dairy Queen

ice cream

Photo courtesy of Dairy Queen

You don’t even have to get out of the car to try a Blizzard treat. Get your late night dairy cravings here and you will be totally satisfied. You probably shouldn’t look up the calories and nutrition facts before you go, but how could you resist a chocolate dipped cone or a strawberry sundae?

Make sure to stop at one of these places the next time you’re craving ice cream!