We all know that going out for non-dining hall food is the best part of having your parents visit you at college. By this time of the year, you've probably reached your wit's end with microwavable meals and Cup of Noodles. Thankfully, graduation week is upon us.

It's a great excuse to bring your parents to a cool restaurant to celebrate your years of hard work getting a degree. 

1. Island Creek Oyster Bar

If you and your family happen to be seafood-enthusiasts, Island Creek Oyster Bar is a must. The modern, clean decor is insanely appealing and the seafood is impeccably fresh. 

I recommend ordering something from the raw bar menu to start. The oysters are among the best I've ever had. But don't fret if you're not a raw fish person, their fish entrees are cooked and seasoned to perfection. 

2. Gaslight Brasserie du Coin

Although I'm generally not a huge fan of French food, Gaslight stood out among the rest and pleasantly surprised me. The inside of the restaurant is super charming, with an upscale French brasserie feel. 

I'd highly recommend ordering the duck with cherry rice. If you've never tried duck before, this is definitely the place to do it. Imagine an extra juicy, exponentially more delicious chicken. 

3. Coppa 

Coppa is a modern, Italian, small-plates restaurant located in Boston's South End. This restaurant is perfect for a family with a fairly adventurous taste in food that doesn't mind sharing. 

Each dish is ridiculously flavorful, with just the right amount on each plate to leave you wanting more. Trust me, if you order a charcuterie board, you will not regret it.

4. Pagu

If you're a Japanese food fanatic like me, I guarantee you will enjoy Pagu, a new Japanese tapas-style restaurant in Cambridge. It blends Japanese and Spanish flavors together to create a unique dining experience.

Pagu means pug in Japanese, and 10/10 would recommend checking out the restaurant's pug decorations. 

5. Alden and Harlow

Alden and Harlow is a one-of-a-kind creative, small plates restaurant nestled in Cambridge. It's guaranteed to please any type of diner. It's also a favorite spot for my out of town parents.

If you're going to Alden and Harlow, I suggest you order the corn cakes with shishito peppers and popcorn. They were unlike anything I'd ever tasted before, and I certainly won't forget them. 

Make sure to bring your family to at least one of these fabulous restaurants when they visit for graduation week. It's the least you can do for them for coming out to support you. We all know what they really came to Boston for–the bomb a** food.