Golden Basil, located right across from Stoneroad Mall, is an independent family-run restaurant that has been in Guelph for about a decade. It is a Thai-Vietnamese restaurant that has much to offer.

1. Fit For Any Weather

golden basil

Photo by YungXin Cheah

Golden Basil serves a variety of mild to spicy noodle soups to satisfy your cravings. They serve Pho, Tomyum soup, wonton soup, Thai spicy soup and more. During a -30 degree winter day, you can be grateful for the Bun Bo Hue (spicy Vietnamese soup) with vermicelli noodles that will definitly warm you up.

2. Budget Friendly

golden basil

Photo by YungXin Cheah

Golden Basil offers 10% off to Guelph students  from Mondays to Wednesdays. If you are tight on budget and still want to have some authentic Asian food on weekdays, this is your go-to restaurant. Or, if you are a part of the Canadian Asian Student Society (CASS) club on campus, you get a 15% off everyday of the week.

3. Bubble Tea

golden basil

Photo by YungXin Cheah

Yes, they serve bubble tea. This is one of the few places in Guelph that serves decent bubble tea. You can customize it to be slushy or regular, with or without milk, with fruit jelly or tapioca. On top of that, during the summer they have the Buy One Get One Free offer. So if you and a friend happen to be around Guelph on a warm summer day – you know where to go.

4. For Any Diet

golden basil

Photo by YungXin Cheah

Good news to those who follow a gluten free diet, Golden Basil have a one page gluten free menu items for you to choose from. This includes noodles, and some entree options. As for vegetarians, there are lots to choose from the menu. Vegetarian options are made available on almost all entrees. Apart from that, if you are a vegan, they make soups and menu items vegan upon your requests.

5. Pickup Option with Discounts

golden basil

Photo by YungXin Cheah

Are you on a very tight schedule and yet crave for some good Asian food? You can always give them a call to place a pickup order. You save time waiting for food and eat at the comfort of your home. Apart from that, you get a 10% off your bill for pickup orders over $20. Golden Basil regularly have their daily special items which are generally 15% cheaper than the original food prices.