So everyone (well most people) have got some sort of secret hideaway to escape to and let go of all the worries. It may be your room, Cascades Park, or All Saint’s Cafe…but whatever it is, it works for you. But if you haven’t found your sacred space yet (or simply want another option), there’s a new haven in town. Here’s 5 reasons, Brick Haus Pizza is the perfect getaway spot when you need a break from life (even if it’s just for a night).

1. It’s in a convenient location

try

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

Okay, this is BIG. I mean, who wants to travel all the way around the world just to get a break (okay that came out wrong, but you know what I mean). If you want a place to retreat to right next door, then this is your dream spot. This place is right on College Avenue, walking distance from Westcott Fountain, Potbelly’s, the Capitol, the Civic Center, The Standard, 101 Restaurant…should I go on? Didn’t think so.

#SpoonTip: Here’s a conveniently located place in Tally if you want a burger or breakfast.

2. It’s a triple threat

try

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

As a corner pub, pizzeria and bistro, this place is the Leonardo da Vinci of the restaurant business. When you enter this museum of special cuisine, you’ll order a Guinness and admire your Stromboli as if it were the Mona Lisa before you wolf it down. And since it’s so good, you’ll be wanting more…so go ahead and finish the night with a specialty pizza. After a dose of this place, you know it won’t be your Last Supper here…

3. The food is cultural and classic

try

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

So this place has got some of everything! It’s like the mut restaurant of Tallahassee, except in food instead of heritage. It’s got New York pizza, Italian sandwiches and pasta, an Irish-style bar…(check out their menu for more), I mean, what else could you ask for? Well, except live music of course, but surprise, surprise, they’ve got that too. Come hang out and hear local singers like the Tyler Denning Band.

#SpoonTip: One of the owners, Eg Jerukaj, also runs Brooklyn Pizza. So if you like this place, then you should definitely give that place a shot.

4. It’s all about Tally

try

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

You see…that crest (above) is special. Dan Gilbertson (the other owner of Brick Haus) designed it so that his precious dog, Steve, is the face of the lion, a Seminole is the Warrior on the other side, pizza and beer are in the center, and the restaurant name is German. It represents the uniting of diverse peoples, cultures, and experiences to show that this place ultimately brings the Tallahassee community together.

#SpoonTip: Mr. Gilbertson also owns Potbelly’s and Sidebar. Check them out for another break from life. 

6. It’s a step into any generation

try

Photo by Nicole Korolevich

It doesn’t matter how old you are, where you’re from, or what you like to do ’cause everyone likes good food, company, and vibes. So come for lunch, dinner, happy hour, or Sunday brunch — rain or shine — while you soak up the sun on the deck or eat under the coming soon retractable roof. Forget your problems and laugh until evening comes, when the giant tree out front lights up, and you realize you did need a break after all.