With the different districts in Kansas City, there are so many options to choose from. Here are 5 places in Southwest Blvd that should be on every foodies' radar.

1. Paleterias Tropicana

sundae, cake, chocolate, ice cream, cream, ice
Erica Swanson

La Paterias Tropicana has some of the best ice cream I've ever had. With sundaes as intricate as the one above to their own home-made popsicles, this is definitely the place to go for something sweet and cold on a hot day.

2. El Patron

Looking for a place to go on a Monday night after struggling through the Monday blues? El Patron has a great happy hour on Mondays with half price appetizers as well as half price Margaritas and Sangrias. 

3. Taqueria Mexico

chicken
Erica Swanson

Taqueria Mexico is a great place if you're looking for a nice, chill place to hang out with a few friends. One of the best days to go is Wednesdays with $1 tacos and $2.50 Margaritas, leaving you with a great time for only a small price.

4. Empanada Madness

Empanada Madness has lot more to offer than its name suggests. Not only do they offers Mexican food, but Empanada Madness also offers Venezuelan food. Their chicken rice and salad are a must try.

5. Panaderia de las americas

If you're trying to be more adventurous and still want to satisfy your sweet tooth, try Panaderia americas, which has dozens of different treats to try from.

Know of other great places to go/deals to check out on specific days of the week, connect with us on Facebook or instagram.