Calling all coffee lovers. It’s time to explore the world of real coffee. I’m not talking about a latte from Starbucks, but handcrafted blends that are all unique in their own way. Each one of these coffee shops is like no other. From the atmosphere of the shop to the coffee itself, each of these places will leave you wanting more of their brews.

Passion House Coffee Roasters

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of jessoshii.com

Passion House Coffee Roasters lives up to its name and creates each blend of coffee with the determination to have the best flavor possible. Coffee to the workers at Passion House Coffee Roasters is more than just a drink, it is an art of exploring different tastes and aromas. It’s a lifestyle of deciding what drink influences your mood and a passion that drives true coffee lovers to find a blend that satisfies you like no other.

Using a variety of real ingredients in each blend, every sip of coffee is literally like no other. To help choose a blend perfect for you, blends are compared to art, film and music. If you love viewing the work of Mark Rothko with some Brian Eno playing softly in the background, following up with a screening of Man with a Movie Camera, then one of Passion’ House’s “Ambient” blends is perfect for you.

Asado Coffee

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of Asado Coffee Co. on Facebook

Asado Coffee’s relaxing and friendly shop is the perfect place to enjoy a great cup of coffee. Although many coffee shops can be labeled as such, Asado is set apart from the rest by being the first coffee shop to serve individually prepared cups of pour-over coffee. According to Blue Bottle, the pour over method is “arguably the simplest and cleanest way to draw out a coffee’s best qualities,” which makes each cup even tastier than if it were made by a machine.

Next time you’re in the area of one of Asado Coffee’s locations, stop on in and try a selection from the menu. From quick, fast tap coffee for customers on the go to a tasty, full-bodied espresso that creates a buttery sensation in your mouth, you will not be disappointed.

The Wormhole

coffee shops

Photo courtesy of thewormhole.us

The minute I stepped into The Wormhole I thought I entered a time warp to 1985. A full-sized replica of a Delorean (the car used in the movie Back to the Future), posters from 80s movies and video games, and original Apple computers decked this coffee shop out and made it just downright cool.

The Wormhole was featuring HalfWit Coffee Roasters during my visit, and it made my inner nerd come out. Brewed in a beaker that one would use in a science class, this spot is the perfect for geeking out while enjoying a great drink.

Ipsento

coffee shops

Photo by Gina Narcisi

Now this is my type of coffee. Coming straight out of the tap, Ipsento offers coffee that contains nitrogen to make it smoother and creamier than any other cup of coffee you will ever have. With just a little bit of foam on the top, this is essentially the only type of beverage on tap I want to be drinking in the morning.

Ipsento also offers classes for those who want to become educated on the history of coffee along with learning how to select and brew to perfection. Head over to Ipsento to become enlightened by the world of coffee.

Katherine Anne Confections

coffee shops

Photo by Gina Narcisi

Last, but not least, was Katherine Anne Confections. Slowly coming down from my caffeine high, a cup of this shop’s rich and creamy hot chocolate was the perfect touch to end the Caffeine Crawl. From hot chocolates to truffles, Katherine Anne Confections can serve all of your chocolate needs.

What sets this place apart from the rest are the ingredients they use, or should I say, don’t use. Less-than-healthy ingredients like corn syrup and artificial flavors don’t exist here. Only the finest organic and local ingredients are used. Just knowing this makes me appreciate their handmade goods just a little bit more.

If you are ever near any of these locations, I highly recommended stopping in and trying a cup of coffee from their selection. Each of these coffee shops will make you realize that coffee is more than just a drink that one has in the morning to wake up. With the right blend and proper brewing, coffee can be a tasteful drink that is made of different flavors, textures, and aromas.