I may not be Guy Fieri, but I can still tell you about some of the best diners and dives that Pittsburgh has to offer (without weird facial hair, frosted tips or an antique convertible).

Whether you want all the breakfast food you can handle or a simple restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere, these are the places in Pittsburgh that you need to hit up.

1. Primanti Brothers

pittsburgh

Photo courtesy of primantibros.com

We had to start with the Pittsburgh classic: Primanti Brothers. With locations in Oakland, the Strip District and South Side (among others), this is a great choice wherever you find yourself around town.

The famous sandwiches piled high with french fries and cole slaw make eating at Primanti’s an experience that everyone needs to try at least once. In addition to the sandwiches, try the wings and pizza. And the beer.

Dish to try: the Pitts-burger Cheese Steak
Average cost: $7 per sandwich

2. DeLuca’s Diner

pittsburgh

Photo courtesy of DeLuca’s Facebook page

Located in the Strip District, this diner is one of the most popular in Pittsburgh (and we’re serious about our diners here). DeLuca’s has everything a breakfast lover could want, and lots of it. Huge portions and great service make this place a breakfast destination you can’t pass up.

Dish to try: Granny’s Apple Cinnamon Bun Hotcake Sundae
Average cost: $10 per plate

3. Crystal on Penn

pittsburgh

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

Crystal is a restaurant in the Strip District that combines all your American favorites with traditional Lebanese cuisine. You can order wings, a cheese steak and a Black Angus burger or get hummus, a lamb kabob and falafel. Whichever way your stomach steers you, you’re bound to be satisfied.

Dish to try: Lamb kabobs
Average cost: $10 per plate

4. Kelly O’s Diner 

pittsburgh

Photo courtesy of urbanspoon.com

Kelly O’s has two locations, one in the Strip District and one in the North Hills. The breakfast is so good that it’ll have you stopping back for lunch the same day.

When you sit down to order, you might think your eyes are playing tricks on you because each and every “o” on the Kelly O’s menu is printed in bold font. We recommended gazing around at the retro decor and checkered floors to keep your eyes in check.

Dish to try: Breakfast BurritO
Average cost: $8 per plate

5. Nadine’s Bar and Restaurant

pittsburgh

Photo courtesy of pittsburghmagazine.com

Nadine’s, located in South Side, is the perfect balance of diner and restaurant. Come before 11 am on weekdays or before 1 pm on weekends and you can get your fix of eggs, breakfast sandwiches and french toast. Not feeling breakfast today? Come later for great wings, sandwiches and burgers.

Dish to try: Breakfast Hoagie
Average cost: $5 per plate

More Pittsburgh eats: