It’s the best day of the year. It’s the day when we can give back to something that has given so much to us, the day when we remember all that we are grateful for in the food world. It’s National Ice Cream Cone Day, and on this day, we must commit ourselves to consume the greatest amount of ice cream as physically possible.

So, for maximal ice cream consumption and satisfaction, refer to some of the best ice cream shops in Nashville, and make yo’ way over.

1. Jeni’s

Ice Cream

Photo by Rachel Kalichman

If you go to Vanderbilt and haven’t heard of Jeni’s, then you must be living under a rock. This ice cream is one of a kind with its unique and delicious flavors: Brown Butter Almond Brittle, Honey Milk Chocolate With Smoked Almonds, Passionfruit Frozen Yogurt, Salted Peanut Butter With Chocolate Flecks (formerly known as The Buckeye State). When you order, you’re not even sure if these different flavors that they combine will taste good together, and then you’re proven wrong. You can’t spend National Ice Cream Cone day without venturing into a Jeni’s. And, there’s now one in Hillsboro, so you really have no excuse.

2. Maggie Moo’s

Ice Cream

Photo by Mary Beth Schatzman

You might have grown up begging your parents for Coldstone, but in today’s day, that’s known as Maggie Moo’s. They’re known for giving you amazing ice cream, and then mashing up and adding whatever topping you’d like – chocolate covered pretzels, Oreo cookies, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, York Peppermint Patties, you name it. It’s mind-blowing and it’s amazing. If you’re feeling ambitious, walk from Jeni’s in Hillsboro to Maggie Moo’s on West End to work off some of the cals and continue eating your ice cream.

3. Adele’s

Ice Cream

Photo by Rachel Kalichman

You might have heard of Adele’s for it’s insane brunch or incredible dinner, but maybe you didn’t know about their assorted homemade ice cream. Pictured above and probably making you drool is the blondie sundae: butterscotch ice cream, toasted marshmallow, hot fudge, tofee. They also have a lot of different flavors such as chocolate peppermint patty, blueberry frozen yogurt, and peach sorbet. Eat up!

4. Ben & Jerry’s

Ice Cream

Photo by Hollis Cuffie

Ben & Jerry’s will always be a personal favorite. The creators somehow know how to combine the ideal flavors into a scoop of heavenly goodness. Ben & Jerry’s is basically on Commons, so freshman: if you’re not there today, you’re doing it wrong.

5. Bradley’s Curbside Creamery

Ice Cream

Photo by Olivia Benjamin

To switch things up, maybe you want to hire a personal food truck to follow you around all day and provide you with the ice cream craving that you need. Bradley’s has amazing flavors such as Mocha, Cookies and Cream, Orange Dreamsicle, Creme de Thin Mint…the list goes on. Check out their website to see where they’ll be today and forever.

6. Silo

Ice Cream

Photo by Gabrielle Levitt

Like Adele’s, you might not think of Silo when you think of ice cream, but you should be. All (all of the important ones, that is) of their desserts incorporate some form of ice cream – above is their salt and pepper cookies with cookie dough ice cream. You could also get their Cheerwine soaked chocolate cake that has white chocolate gelato on top or their homemade vanilla ice cream on top of a warm piece of pie. It doesn’t get much better than that.

Bonus: Sweet Cece’s if your more of a froyo kinda person.

Ice Cream

Photo by Gabrielle Levitt

Sweet Cece’s is right in Hillsboro and is perfect for all froyo lovers. I’m not saying that I’ll judge you a little bit if you eat froyo on National Ice Cream Cone Day but…