From the mountains in Vermont to the beaches of Cape Cod there really is no place like New England. Growing up in Connecticut, I was lucky enough to be surrounded with all things food in New England. Since moving to Michigan for college, I have found myself missing a lot of the foods that are common at home but not everywhere else. So here is a list of the 5 foods all New Englanders miss when they move away. 

1. Thin Crust Pizza 

sauce, crust, mozzarella, mushroom, pizza
Laura McMann

Anyone that thinks thick crust is the best type of pizza has never tasted Flatbread Company pizza. They have been bringing the people of New England delicious thin crust pizza using local ingredients since 1998. They have locations all across New England along with British Columbia and Hawaii. 

2. Fresh Seafood 

fish, goody, shellfish, crab, seafood, lobster
Ellen Gibbs

New England is known to be home to some of the best seafood. During the long winters, you can enjoy a warm cup of classic clam "chowdah" and everyone knows a day at the beach is not complete until you stop for a lobster roll or plate of clams. 

3. Fluff 

sandwich
Laura McMann

Growing up in New England, Fluff was a staple in my childhood. Fluffernutter sandwiches were what every kid hoped was in their lunch bag. On snowy days a cup of hot cocoa was not complete until it had a huge dollop of Fluff on top. Take my word for it, you have not lived until you have seen the magic that is Fluff. 

4. Vermont Maple Syrup 

chocolate, beer
Laura McMann

New Englanders have it good with Vermont maple syrup. If you put artificial maple syrup or "telephone pole syrup" as it is called in my family on your breakfast, you are not a true New Englander. 

#Spoon Tip: Try using maple syrup to sweeten your coffee. You get sweetness and a little maple flavor without any chemical-filled artificial syrups.

5. Dunkin' Donuts 

chocolate, sweet, cream, candy, sprinkles, cake
Laura McMann

The saying should really be "New England runs on Dunkin'." It's not a real New England road trip until you stop at the Dunkin' drive-through to satisfy your sweet tooth and caffeine addiction. 

New England is lucky to be home to some of the best food in the country. Granted we already knew that because #eastcoastbeastcoast.