It’s no secret that TxMx Grill at the  ASUCD CoffeeHouse is one of the most popular places to grab food on campus. Here are five free ways to make your next order ten times better.

TxMX

1. Turn your burrito into a bowl

TxMX

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

Stop the inevitable curse of the fallen burrito and ask for a burrito bowl instead. While a burrito bowl may sound suspiciously similar to a taco salad, the burrito bowl does not come with chipotle mayo, shredded cheese, or crushed chips. This makes the burrito bowl a cheaper alternative to the taco salad while maintaining all the deliciousness.

2. Mix up the taco salad

Tired of choosing between black and refried beans? Try substituting Spanish rice for beans.

3. Add jalapeños, onions, cilantro, and/or lime

These toppings are meant for the tacos, but can be included in any order for no additional charge. It’s surprising that such few people request jalapeños, onion, and lime, considering the explosion of flavor they can add to the basic burrito.

4. Get all three salsas

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Don’t suffer from indecision any longer and just get them all.

5. Skip the tort

GIF courtesy of snipthepix.com

Eating the tortilla with the taco salad is always awkward. Do you rip it up as you’re eating? Do you wait until the end when it’s covered in bean residue? Save time and fifty cents at the register by opting for a taco salad (or burrito bowl) sans tortilla.

Congratulations, you’re now on the next level.