We’ve all been there – you wake up, search desperately for a glass of water, and then immediately regret your decision to combine messy bombs/Pablos/tequila shots/random beer you found. As you desperately try to scrub the Lizard stamp off your face, you accept the fact that your 10 am lecture just really isn’t going to happen today. Instead, it’s time to delete that embarrassing Snapchat story and attempt to get your sh*t together by refueling your body. Lucky for you, we’ve compiled a list of the best foods that make even a walk of shame look good.

1. Bagels from Cherries

morning

Photo by Jane Madden

The efficiency of Cherries in combination with the low-lighting (thank God) puts it at the top of our hangover helper list. And while most people resort to the ever faithful bacon/egg/cheese (we suggest adding jalapeño if you’re feeling frisky), our favorite hidden gem comes in the form of a peanut butter/jelly/banana/honey hybrid. Not only will the peanut butter reawaken your soul, it’s pretty damn delicious to boot.

2. Gorgeous Scone

morning

Photo by Jane Madden

Simplicity, more often than not, is key. The scones from Gorgeous are affordable and delish, offering exactly the right amount of carb-wonder and subtle sweetness. Like my mother always says, ‘Don’t fix what ain’t broke’ (okay she doesn’t say that, but let’s pretend.)

3. Northpoint Breakfast Burrito

morning

Photo by Jane Madden

I feel like once you discover the Mexican breakfast burrito at Northpoint, you never go back. Between the protein packed eggs and spinach, the crunchy peppers, the gooey cheese and the kick of hot sauce, this magical wrap puts even Chipotle to shame (sorry not sorry.) This may be the best item on this list, if we’re being honest.

4. Mitchell’s Eggs Benedict

morning

Photo by Jane Madden

The Eggs Benny at Mitchell’s lets you to pretend to be classy AF while inhaling a legitimate brunch food, even though your life may actually be in shambles. Paired with a big ol’ Bloody Mary (hey, the hair of the dog), your hangover will be gone in no time. I mean, look at that sexy #yolkporn.

So there you go, Spooners of St Andrews – your pounding head and full stomachs can thank us later. But, if you’re feeling too lazy to leave the comforts of your duvet, here are some hangover helpers you can make at home.

Still hanging? Check out these related articles: