College is the time for Netflix and chilling, for midnight munchies (or drunchies), for 2 am study snacks… the list goes on and on. And sometimes you’re just too tired from life to cook or make it out of your house to find food. That’s why delivery was invented — to keep us from starving or from making a sad meal of Cup Ramen.
So who better to ask where to get delivery from than college students? We polled college students from around the US to find out where they loved to order delivery from near campus. From Los Angeles to Washington D.C., this is what they said.
If you want to read about the rest of the delivery and takeout spots students love in their college towns, click on the school names below. Huzzah.
1. Southern Methodist University (Dallas, TX): Velvet Taco
Not only is it open until 4 am for all your late-night taco cravings, it has some of the most unique taco combos anywhere. The ahi poke taco is a seafood lover’s dream come true and the burger taco is a hybrid of what is arguably the two best foods on earth: burgers and tacos.
2. University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA): Sabrina’s Café
Confession from U Penn students: Drexel has better food options nearby. Prime example is Sabrina’s, the go-to brunch spot. Yes, you can get brunch delivered so you don’t even have to get out of bed. #winning
3. University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA): Little Nippers II
No more cardboard-tasting pizza. Even drunk you deserves better, so treat yo’self to Lil Nip’s pepperoni/sausage pizza.
4. New York University (New York, NY): Beyond Sushi
You wouldn’t think vegan sushi is any good, but it is. And we guarantee you won’t feel like shit after eating it.
5. Emory University (Atlanta, GA): Pizza Bella
Their pizza is hand-tossed and made with flour all the way from Naples. So basically you have no excuse to order Domino’s again.
6. Indiana University (Bloomington, IN): The Big Cheeze
Your dreams have come true, because this food truck delivers. Now you can chow down on a mac ‘n cheese grilled cheese in the comfort of your own home, without anyone judging (or you having to share).
7. University of California San Diego (San Diego, CA): Little Korea
If you go to UCSD and you don’t have a car, good luck getting anything other than dining hall food. Buuut good thing Little Korea delivers — you don’t even have to venture off campus to get quality Korean comfort food.
8. Cornell University (Ithaca, NY): Purity Ice Cream
Netflix and chilling has never been easier. Who needs Ben and Jerry’s when you can get Purity’s wide range of flavors all delivered to your apartment?
9. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL): D.P. Dough
Pizza is good, but calzones are better. D.P. even has a “Calzone of the Day,” so you now have an excuse to order from them every single day. We won’t judge if you do.
10. University of Maryland (College Park, MD): Sardi’s Pollo a La Brasa
If you’re ever starving, Sardi’s is the place to go. You can get the 1/4 a chicken, which comes with two sides and will leave you more than stuffed, but you can also get 1/2 a chicken if you’re feeling ambitious. And we’ll let you in on our little secret: you’re getting 25% more food by ordering delivery than by eating in the restaurant. Score.
11. Northwestern University (Evanston, IL): Peeled Juice Bar
Being healthy has never been easier. And you can take all the Insta-pics you want without looking like a basic bitch.
12. Northeastern University (Boston, MA): Pho Basil
More often than not, Boston weather is shitty. So stay home in your PJs and order a steaming bowl of pho.
13. Yale University (New Haven, CT): Jake’s Diggity Dogs
Mac ‘n cheese. On hot dogs. No other explanation needed.
14. University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI): New York Pizza Depot
All entrees come with their famous garlic knots, so just order any entree because the garlic knots are the star of the show anyway.
15. University of Oregon (Eugene, OR): Wild Duck Cafe
Not all delivery food is cheap and crappy, and Wild Duck proves that. You can get high-end and local food, as well as brunch — sourdough pancakes in bed, anyone?
16. Penn State University (State College, PA): Gumby’s Pizza
If you don’t know Gumby’s Pokey-Stix, do you even go here?
17. Boston College (Chestnut Hill, MA): Fiorella’s Express
Let’s be real here — sometimes you’re really craving homestyle Italian food and the North End is way too far. Fiorella’s is Italian comfort food at its best and has free delivery, so you might as well order in, pour yourself a glass of wine and pretend you’re in Italy.
18. Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA): Cream
Ice cream sandwiches, delivered. That is all.
19. Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA): Chinese Kitchen
Chinese food can be hard to find around here, but Chinese Kitchen’s got you covered. Bonus points to them for getting you your food faster than the GrubHub estimate.
20. University of Texas (Austin, TX): Black’s BBQ
University of Texas students are #blessed because they can get BBQ from one of the best places in Texas delivered. So #blessed.
21. Brown University (Providence, RI): Bagel Gourmet
Sometimes you’re hungover and really need a bacon, egg and cheese on an everything bagel. And sometimes you really just need a bacon, egg and cheese on an everything bagel, period.
22. University of Georgia (Athens, GA): Taqueria Tsunami
If you haven’t tried Latin-Asian fusion, you should. Taqueria Tsunami’s Asian nachos are a good place to start.
23. Harvard University (Cambridge, MA): OTTO
OTTO’s creations are fancy, creative and a definite step up from your typical college pizza.
24. Duke University (Durham, NC): The Palace International
If you want to try East African food without having to leave your room, much less America, The Palace International is the place to order from. Especially since their fried plantains are the bomb.
25. University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA): Ivy Provisions
There’s not a bad sandwich at this place. So no matter what you order, there’s a 100% chance you’ll be satisfied.
26. Notre Dame University (South Bend, IN): Blaze Pizza
Fresh, flatbread-style pizzas that you can order online and customize? Sign us up.
27. University of California Berkeley (Berkeley, CA): El Burro Picante
You can’t go wrong with Mexican food in California, as all Californians know. An added bonus? Everything is under $10 and there’s free delivery.
28. University of Rochester (Rochester, NY): Dogtown
Rochester is famous for their garbage plates, which Dogtown has plenty of. But they also have a variety of specialty hot dogs (including veggie dogs for all you vegetarians out there). It’s takeout only, but their hot dogs are worth getting out of your PJs for.
29. Texas A&M University (College Station, TX): Ozona’s Bar and Grill
This place is on the pricier side, but when you want good delivery food (like a queso catfish platter) delivered right to you, it hits the spot.
30. University of Delaware (Newark, DE): No. 1 Chinese
Every college has to have their go-to cheap Chinese food place, and for UD students, No. 1 is their number one. Plus, you can get a free egg roll with orders of $10 or more.
31. Georgetown University (Washington, D.C.): Mai Thai
If you want a meal that’s a bang for your buck, order from here — you’ll have leftovers for days.
32. Wake Forest University (Winston-Salem, NC): Bib’s Downtown
You can get a combo plate delivered AKA you can bring southern barbecue to your own dorm with zero effort.
33. University of California Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA): TLT Food
TLT’s Mexican-American food is the essence of California. And now you can skip the lines at this popular Westwood restaurant by ordering online.
34. Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY): Beer Belly Deli and Pub
Yes, you can get New Orleans-style po’ boys delivered in New York. And sadly, you’ll never want to swipe into the d hall after this sandwich.
35. American University (Washington, D.C.): Cafe of India
Sometimes you just want to enjoy your chicken tikka masala from the comfort of your couch. So even though Cafe of India’s laughably close to campus, we won’t judge for ordering in — we understand.