Remembering birthdays is hard in college, but finding great gifts is nearly impossible. Giving birthday presents is already a challenge of picking out what the person would love most — being in UC Berkeley, it’s extremely difficult to find the best birthday presents for friends who don’t go here. Do you settle on a gift card and save postage? Do you ship them something through Amazon? That doesn’t seem to cut it.

Instead, try sending these local treats that everyone will love.

1. Elmwood Café: House-made granola

birthday

Photo courtesy of @elmwoodcafe on Instagram

This local treat is the perfect addition to a gift box. Sweet but hearty, the granola is great on top of yogurt for breakfast or enjoyed as a snack by itself. Elmwood Cafe on College Avenue makes granola in two flavors, House and Maple Almond Butter, and each bag is just $7.50.

2. Pacific Cookie Company Cookies

birthday

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Did you know Pacific Cookie Company makes delectable cookie boxes that are perfect for shipping? Sending one will make anyone’s birthday better, but if you’re looking to send something more personalized, head into their store on Telegraph and create your own cookie combinations to best match your friend’s tastes.

3. Philz Coffee Beans

birthday

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

If your friend is a coffee lover, don’t gift the typical Starbucks gift card. Try sending coffee beans from one of best coffee makers in the Bay Area. Philz’s immense variety of beans for sale make it easy to find the one that’s perfect for whomever you’re sending it to. Packaged and sold by the pound, Philz Coffee beans are easy to send and make a coffee lover’s birthday present incredible.

Sending these treats is the best way to show someone you care on their birthday. Besides, who wouldn’t love receiving food on their special day?