There are a lot of restaurants in Syracuse, NY, but not enough time to try them all. To save you the effort and calories, here is a list of the absolute must-haves.
1. Ribs from Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Baby got back.
2. The Stella at Stella’s Diner
Recommended at 10 AM hung-over, or 10 PM sober. It’s that good.
3. Catfish Burrito at Alto Cinco
Fried catfish wrapped up in a hot tortilla? It’s positively purrrfect.
4. Conveyer Belt Sushi at Sakana-Ya
Be sure to remember Half-Off Mondays and All You Can Eat Wednesdays.
5. Spicy Tomato Oil at Pastabilities
So many have tried to recreate you and so many have failed. I’m looking at you, Wegmans.
6. The James Brownie at Funk ‘n Waffles
It’s a brownie. But in waffle form. Sign me the funk up.
7. A Milkshake at Strong Hearts Café
A while back, we had to discontinue our Carl Sagan (s'mores) milkshake because @chicagoveganfoods discontinued their s'mores ice cream. Booo! But, as of today, Carl is back! He's been reincarnated as a Raspberry milkshake just in time for these warm temperatures. Stop in and try one today (or tomorrow, or whenever really).
Technically it’s soymilk because Strong Hearts is super vegan. But also super delicious.
8. The Barney Rubble at Modern Malt
Even if it’s just for the insta.
9. The Curd Burger at Beer Belly Deli and Pub
This burger is topped with candied bacon, deep fried cheese curds and ranch. Sometimes unhealthy food is healthy for the soul.
10. A Scoop of Anything at Gannon’s Isle Ice Cream
Literally any flavor is good. Close your eyes and point to one.
11. A Gyro at King David’s
The Tzatziki sauce is key.
12. Chicken Tenders at Tully’s
Technically this one is a chain restaurant, but it’s local and the tenders are terrific.
13. Corned Beef and Cabbage at Coleman’s Authentic Irish Pub
It’s their house specialty… and for good reason.
14. Steak at Bistro Elephant Steakhouse
Cue mouth watering.
15. A Slice at Varsity Pizza
Okay, it’s not the best pizza ever but it’s Varsity. You just have to try it.
16. A Brew and a Burger at Empire Brewing Company
17. The Roast Duck at Lemon Grass
It’s one of the more expensive options on the list, but Lemon Grass’s Thai food is worth every penny.
18. Cobra Roll at Bleu Monkey Café
A Syracuse #sratstar classic, try it for yourself and see what all the hype is about.
19. Calamari Frites at 317
These little guys will melt. In. Your. Mouth.
20. Pho at New Century
This is some quality Vietnamese food. Pho real.
21. Bubble Tea at Unique Tea House
The only boba place I know in Syracuse, and the only one I’ll ever need.
22. Brooklyn Pickle Special at The Brooklyn Pickle
This is what dreams are made of.
23. Breakfast Sandwich at Mom’s Diner
You can get hash browns in your breakfast sandwich. Need I say more?