As a college student, 20 dollars is the world. A crisp Andrew Jackson in my hands and I feel unstoppable. Of course with great power comes great responsibility. How does one spend this immense fortune?

For me the obvious answer is food. It always has been and it always will be. With that in mind the even bigger question is—with this kind of cash—where do I go to fill myself to a capacity I never knew possible?

Ladies and gentleman, I give you El Charro.

Breaking down their menu for you will open your eyes to unbelievable queso-bilities. With that, I present to you the ultimate guide on spending your $20 at El Charro to yield the most profitable results.

Chips and Salsa

el charro

Photo By Paige Stickevers

It all begins here. When those tortilla chips and that glass shooter of salsa make their way to your table, I urge to you attack it with unparalleled ferocity. Attack it like a sorority girl who just got her little who is “literally the best”. Embody the word bottomless. If the idea here is to get your meal’s worth, I highly suggest you cash as many free baskets as you’re able. If at any point you worry about spoiling your dinner…don’t. It’s salsa, which is tomatoes. It’s basically salad, okay?

Fiesta Specials

el charro

Photo By Paige Stickevers

I know the menu is vast, but it’s imperative you head straight to the Holy Grail: The Fiesta Specials section. If you’re hungry, if you’re just offensively indecisive, this is the spot that has everything.

• Enchiladas Supremas: This plate of debauchery features one chicken enchilada, one beef enchilada, one cheese enchilada and, oh yes, one bean enchilada. In case that wasn’t enough, it’s all topped with chopped lettuce, sour cream, and tomatoes (again basically a salad). The price: $8.75. Order two and enjoy 8 enchiladas with money still left over for a tip. Bingo, Bango, Burrito.

Specialty Items:

el charro

Photo By Paige Stickevers

Any restaurant bold enough to give a dish its namesake is worth a try, and so I present to you the Burrito Charro.

• It’s got everything but the kitchen sink. A burrito filled with grilled chicken, shrimp, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, all topped with red sauce and served with rice. Ringing it at $10.99 I would suggest a pairing to really get a bang for your buck.
  • Might I suggest Nachos Supremos? At $8.50 that leaves you just under $20 and most likely satiated enough to enter into a winter hibernation.

Combos:

Feeling bold? Ready to take the driver’s seat on this one? Hit the combos section. At $8.50 each, highlights include:

• Two enchiladas, one taco, and Spanish rice (choice of cheese, beef, bean, or chicken)
  • One enchilada, two tacos, and one chile con queso with beef.
  • One burrito, one enchilada, Spanish rice, and refried beans.
  • One chile relleno, one enchilada, one taco, Spanish rice, and refried beans.

My list is not exhaustive. Fear not foodies, there are 32 options.

el charro

Photo By Paige Stickevers

Anyone for drinks or desserts?